IGNORED

Marvin

mr belgos

I hear Marvin is in advanced talks with Millwall but stumbling block is wages and he wants contract paid up to join in January.

IMO not good enough for championship but would be a loss for us.

He wants to leave and have his contract paid up in full so he can join Millwall in January?

Which part of that deal is good for us?

He's a big earner, so getting him off the wages would probably be a decent deal. Nothing to say we can't pay him up till jan, then millwall cover it with their loan fee.

Think O'Driscoll will prefer Gillett as he's more mobile and better on the ball, but we'll definitely miss Marv's tackling in midifled, and his height.

Wynter's time to get back in?

Marv has been paid more than handsomely by us over the years.  If he wants to move he should buy out his contract, not expect us to pay him up!

Thanks for the service Marv, you were great in 08.  But if you want out, pay for it yourself.

I'd wish him well for all he has done for us over the years, but can't say I'd be too disappointed in the long-term; with the way we are trying to bring younger players through.

Agreed. Great servant to the club but not the player he was, and if it means Wynter gets a chance to establish himself then it's a good move.

I thought the Millwall fans really disliked Marv for leaving them to join us?

Another for the return to old club, Trundle back on loan to Swansea.

Thinking about that deal it seems incredible how we bought their "current" best player, then loaned them back the same but now awful one. And look where they are now.

Poor old Marv! No one likes him! Not sure how he feels about this?

Unusual (but not unheard of) for a player to resign for the team that sold him on.

Louis Carey / Scott Murray are two I can think of with us

sold Chris Garland to Chelsea then moved to Leicester before coming back home.sold Tom Ritchie to Sunderland and he returned too.

Archived