IGNORED

The Mem

The Joker

The City fan part of me finds this quite amusing and, in all honesty, it's not a great place for a supermarket with regards to traffic and location plus there are many supermarkets in that area already.

The Bristolian part of me cannot believe how difficult it is to get anything done in this City. It's officially the best place in the country to live but has the worst traffic congestion in the country. It's the best place to live but don't dare change ANYTHING. I am still utterly bewildered that AV has had so many problems. I was working in Derby yesterday and that puts us to shame for sporting and leisure facilities. Pride park is nice as we all know but they're building a velodrome which can act as a 12000 seat concert venue. The council backed it unanimously as it was 'for the benefit of the whole city'. Take notice red trousers.

If the sags had shown us any support over Ashton Vale, they would have my support over this but they didn't so.....

JUDICIAL REVIEW

JUDICIAL REVIEW

YOU TOOK THE PISS GAS

NOW YOU GOT ONE TOO.

Bristol isn't officially best place to live. It was one article taken from one study. The next week Solihull was "best place to live".

Its all bollocks, I look forward to Bristol disappear up its own arse while the rest of us move on with modern life.

Fair enough BCR, I only read the first article obviously. The City of Bristol is rumoured to be looking to expand taking in parts of North Somerset and us in South Glos. Personally, I am quite happy to remain outside the remit of red trousers and the city council. What's that phrase about 'piss ups', 'organise' and 'breweries'?

That Bristol is the " best place to live stuff " is horseshit.

It is beautiful but has shite transport, secondary schools and sporting facilities.

Still if you are a Londoner who has relocated here with a wedge of money through property sales and no kids to educate, Montpellier and Southville are the place to be, darling, whilst fighting anything that the native Bristolians might want, of course..

"We're stuck in dark ages" even more so...

I have sympathy.

But don't expect all city fans to show it. "We're stuck in dark ages" was not generally the first thought of you lot when we encountered problems.

Some Bristolian city fans, whilst not pleased about lack of progress in their city, will be delighted by this. I hope they let you know their delight.

Think this survey about best place to live was to do with house prices and disposable income etc. and made Bristol out as best place to live regards this.

Live in Manchester now and when you see the developments that take place here compared to Bristol it's staggering. Until Bristol decides to pull itself out of its cosy little village status then it will always be a backwater and a place to stop at on the way to Devon/Cornwall.

Think this survey about best place to live was to do with house prices and disposable income etc. and made Bristol out as best place to live regards this.

Live in Manchester now and when you see the developments that take place here compared to Bristol it's staggering. Until Bristol decides to pull itself out of its cosy little village status then it will always be a backwater and a place to stop at on the way to Devon/Cornwall.

Never mind Manchester - Cardiff will do. It's all about incomers who think they've moved to Lymeswold-on-Avon :(

I have sympathy.

But don't expect all city fans to show it. "We're stuck in dark ages" was not generally the first thought of you lot when we encountered problems.

Some Bristolian city fans, whilst not pleased about lack of progress in their city, will be delighted by this. I hope they let you know their delight.

It's a sad state of affairs when the only things fans of BOTH clubs can gloat about at the moment are the misfortunes of the other. 

Everywhere else in the country seems to be trying to be progressive.  The mentality in Bristol is always negative.  Such a shame.

I'm sure we'll end up with a nice expensive white elephant Arena in the wrong part of town, costing the taxpayers millions, but neither of the moderm new football stadia funded from private equity.  Glad I moved away to be honest.

It's a sad state of affairs when the only things fans of BOTH clubs can gloat about at the moment are the misfortunes of the other. 

Everywhere else in the country seems to be trying to be progressive.  The mentality in Bristol is always negative.  Such a shame.

I'm sure we'll end up with a nice expensive white elephant Arena in the wrong part of town, costing the taxpayers millions, but neither of the moderm new football stadia funded from private equity.  Glad I moved away to be honest.

You did the right thing to move away, i'm fed up of "Backwater Bristol" if i was 30 years younger i would be out of this country like a shot, in saying that I would be quite pleased if the Memorial Ground remained as a sports venue in memory of the many Bristolians who died in WW1 as was intended, something not quite right about demolishing it for a supermarket  

The problem is danny that your fellow supporters (most of them) took great delight in our JR. while I / we may share your sentiment about getting things done in Bristol, your club won't get much , if any, support on the red side due to your supporters actions when we had the same issues.

'Sad state of affairs' I agree with but maybe your fellow fans should have taken that attitude when it was the other way around WTGR.

What a diplomatic approach to employ at this moment in time. However, were you preaching it to your fellow sags over AV or our relegation? Infact, isn't the identity of R*vers based squarly on the fortunes of Bristol City? Because that is your reputation.

Secondly, this is a football forum not a local council/town planning one.

What a diplomatic approach to employ at this moment in time. However, were you preaching it to your fellow sags over AV or our relegation? Infact, isn't the identity of R*vers based squarly on the fortunes of Bristol City? Because that is your reputation.

Secondly, this is a football forum not a local council/town planning one.

what was the chant at the derby "we've got our stadium"?

oh how the chickens have come home to roost

Here's a thought...........build one stadium for the three clubs with an all weather pitch, wugger played on evenings,

footy every weekend.............stick a sliding roof on it and there's yer arena...........

kin simples.......no wait,........................... ah thats it......cycle sheds........sorted

The City fan part of me finds this quite amusing and, in all honesty, it's not a great place for a supermarket with regards to traffic and location plus there are many supermarkets in that area already.

The Bristolian part of me cannot believe how difficult it is to get anything done in this City. It's officially the best place in the country to live but has the worst traffic congestion in the country. It's the best place to live but don't dare change ANYTHING. I am still utterly bewildered that AV has had so many problems. I was working in Derby yesterday and that puts us to shame for sporting and leisure facilities. Pride park is nice as we all know but they're building a velodrome which can act as a 12000 seat concert venue. The council backed it unanimously as it was 'for the benefit of the whole city'. Take notice red trousers.

If the sags had shown us any support over Ashton Vale, they would have my support over this but they didn't so.....

JUDICIAL REVIEW

JUDICIAL REVIEW

YOU TOOK THE PISS GAS

NOW YOU GOT ONE TOO.

Great post this, i agree with you there is already 2 Sainsburys local on Gloucester Road and a Morrisons local (agreed it's convienience but they still sell the essentials) and Stoke Gifford Sainsburys isn't exactly miles away. It is a real pity we've become the green and underdeveloped capital of the south. I hope George Ferguson chokes on his own words when he said he will build an arena in our city, i doubt it will happen in his time in office that's for certain!

what was the chant at the derby "we've got our stadium"?

oh how the chickens have come home to roost

One of the first topics posted on their forum when they were given the initial go ahead for their new stadium had a title along the lines of 'Send a message to Steve Lansdown'. As you can imagine there was little or no sympathy for our hold ups with AV on there.

This will all probably just be a delay for the UWE stadium but for the time being some of them must feel pretty dumb for gloating like they did.

As for any Gas morons thinking that SL has anything to do with this, surely this hold up puts him in a very difficult posistion as I imagine the vast majority of Bris Rugby fans want to stay at the Mem. He's not going to be very popular with them if tries to bring them to AG when their spiritual home, The Mem, could be there for the foreseeable future.

I think the sags richly deserve having the piss seriously ripped right out of them, seeing as they had no sympathy for us when we were in their position and even went out of their way to put the boot in and make things worse by signing petitions.  

After the dust has settled though, It's about time we combined forces with the Gas and use every contact the clubs have to raise the profile of this ridiculous situation and get it out in the wider media.  At a time when government and local council are saying there isn't a pot to piss in, here in Bristol we have two situations when there are tens of millions of pounds waiting to be invested in the local area and the whole lot is being scuppered by a handful of selfish, blinkered, short sighted nimbies.  These self-centred idiots are willing to keep Bristol as a backwater to the detriment of the vast majority of it's residents, just to serve their own blinkered, selfish interests.

This has got to stop, as Bristolians are sick to the back teeth of seeing the city we love being left behind in the wake of lesser towns and cities who aren't constantly hindered by these nimby parasites.  Here is the ideal situation to make a stand and combine forces to take the battle right to these numpties and see what they're made of. :grr:  

One of the first topics posted on their forum when they were given the initial go ahead for their new stadium had a title along the lines of 'Send a message to Steve Lansdown'. As you can imagine there was little or no sympathy for our hold ups with AV on there.

This will all probably just be a delay for the UWE stadium but for the time being some of them must feel pretty dumb for gloating like they did.

As for any Gas morons thinking that SL has anything to do with this, surely this hold up puts him in a very difficult posistion as I imagine the vast majority of Bris Rugby fans want to stay at the Mem. He's not going to be very popular with them if tries to bring them to AG when their spiritual home, The Mem, could be there for the foreseeable future.

we thought ours "was just a delay",

frankly I believe its now swung the greens way and that it may well scupper their whole plans

Archived