IGNORED

Who's The New Lad

Forza Revolution

After a successful trial period Mangotsfield United Youth Team player Liam Monelle has signed a six month professional contract with Bristol City.

A member of the clubs Youth Team since the start of last season Liam caught the eye with impressive performances for the under 18 side and was promoted to the senior side for the second half of the season where he continued to catch the eye.

This season after impressing Bristol City Academy Director Brian Tinnion in a Youth Team fixture against Weston Super Mare Liam was offered a weeks trail at Bristol City after which he was invited back for a further six weeks. Just three weeks into the trail Liam signed a six month contract on Monday.

Mangotsfield United Football Club would like to wish Liam all the best and hope his time at Bristol City is a success.

After a successful trial period Mangotsfield United Youth Team player Liam Monelle has signed a six month professional contract with Bristol City.

A member of the clubs Youth Team since the start of last season Liam caught the eye with impressive performances for the under 18 side and was promoted to the senior side for the second half of the season where he continued to catch the eye.

This season after impressing Bristol City Academy Director Brian Tinnion in a Youth Team fixture against Weston Super Mare Liam was offered a weeks trail at Bristol City after which he was invited back for a further six weeks. Just three weeks into the trail Liam signed a six month contract on Monday.

Mangotsfield United Football Club would like to wish Liam all the best and hope his time at Bristol City is a success.

Twentyman also mentioned another lad 22who has 44 goals and 9 hatricks this season in local football, i think tins will be watching him saturday

• Admin

Tinman said he will be talking to his counterpart at Saints soon to discuss partnership where we have first option on any of their rejects.

We seem to be slowly trying this with all the Level 1 Acadamies. That will be Man City, Liverpool and Southampton if successful. There's only 7 or 8 Level 1 Academies IIRC.

Twentyman also mentioned another lad 22who has 44 goals and 9 hatricks this season in local football, i think tins will be watching him saturday

I hope this is true, the gas had a lot of success with players from the old western league back in the 80's.

I spoke to an ex pro several years ago, who had links with BCFC. He played against the wonderful Shaun Taylor in a western league match and said he contacted the management of the club and he reckons the club never even bothered.

We seem to be slowly trying this with all the Level 1 Acadamies. That will be Man City, Liverpool and Southampton if successful. There's only 7 or 8 Level 1 Academies IIRC.

I could be wrong here, but you look familyiar, young fellow. Have we met? I sincerely hope not, with the nonsense you're spouting on here...

• Admin

I could be wrong here, but you look familyiar, young fellow. Have we met? I sincerely hope not, with the nonsense you're spouting on here...

To be fair, why are we looking at Man City or Liverpool cast-offs when we are clearly the biggest team.....

I hope this is true, the gas had a lot of success with players from the old western league back in the 80's.

I spoke to an ex pro several years ago, who had links with BCFC. He played against the wonderful Shaun Taylor in a western league match and said he contacted the management of the club and he reckons the club never even bothered.

Doesn't surprise me at all.

I know many players over many years gone by who were "recommended" for City to take a look at and they never bothered.

A certain Guy Whittingham being one that springs to mind, before he went on to score shedloads of goals at Pompey.

Anyway, I believe the club are much more open to "recommendations" these days and are taking it much more seriously.  Tinnion is regularly spotted at many a local non league ground.  They are beginning to head in the right direction, instead of in the past when the heads were firmly in their backsides.

So are we looking for local talent with x-factor? If so, I assume Tinman will be in charge of the boot camp. And will get our new crop of prima donna's pitch perfect, for the start of Bristols most exciting boy band ever '1 direct Sean'. Right....................I'm outta here!

You're better than this one, "john." That's a shocker! Letting down this little corner of Somerset with rubbish like that. I expect a prompt improvement

Bradford town and he gave the impression that he won't be watching him.

Yup, plays for my local team Bradford Town: runaway leaders in the Western League First Division - thanks to this lad who can't stop hitting the back of the onion bag withh 44 goals this season, so far... Should be scouted, IMO...

Yup, plays for my local team Bradford Town: runaway leaders in the Western League First Division - thanks to this lad who can't stop hitting the back of the onion bag withh 44 goals this season, so far... Should be scouted, IMO...

Anyone who scores that amount of goals SHOULD be given a trial , its a knack and he obviously has it. You dont get that lucky in front of goal .get a scout there asap .no harm checking

Archived