IGNORED

A Point Away From Home...

BS4 on Tour...

I think a point away from home at any level of football is a great result.

I was player-manager of a team local to this area for 12 years and sometimes I got dogs abuse in the dressing room from my players for the tactics employed to get draws at certain away games.

But, we got some fantastic points at places we really shouldn't have done and that to me was justification for how we played.

City got a point away from home today, to me that is brilliant, a great result that keeps our run going.

Can't understand some of the negativity on here. Home teams hate not winning and we did that to Tranmere today.

Great result! Let's be happy!

I was player-manager of a team local to this area for 12 years and sometimes I got dogs abuse in the dressing room from my players for the tactics employed to get draws at certain away games.

But, we got some fantastic points at places we really shouldn't have done and that to me was justification for how we played.

City got a point away from home today, to me that is brilliant, a great result that keeps our run going.

Can't understand some of the negativity on here. Home teams hate not winning and we did that to Tranmere today.

Bloody happy-clapper. He'll be saying we're on a run of five undefeated next :(

strange how football is...

Would've dreamed for a point a few games back, yet now we're feeling a little disappointed.

A point further away fro bottom spot, and a point nearer safety.

That's the way I'm looking at it.

A point away, 5 games unbeaten, Baldock got himself a goal after a drought. Went up a place, admittedly only on goal difference and those around us all lost. A win against Sheff Utd, which I'm confident of, could put us in a much more comfortable position, away from immediate danger. Onwards and upwards..

actually kenn loyal, we very rarely get anything at tranmere, in joe Jordans promotion season we lost 6_1 thsir, we also lost their in gary johnsons promotion season, in my 42 years supporting City I can only remember us winning their once !

Yes i am well aware of what we get at Tranny and remember attending that friday night thrashing, still dont change the fact we are crap and the happy clappers cant see any wrong in O'Dismal and the faceless board who are shafting this club.

Yes i am well aware of what we get at Tranny and remember attending that friday night thrashing, still dont change the fact we are crap and the happy clappers cant see any wrong in O'Dismal and the faceless board who are shafting this club.

5 games unbeaten suggests its not so much about happy clapping and more about what SOD is saying right.

Is it that you don't listen or don't understand?

And we will be in the play offs by Christmas, ;)  god the standards of this club is now on the floor, thinking a point at Tranny is a great result :grr:

I think you need to get real about where we are and, as they say, 'smell the coffee'.

You remind me a bit of the Newcastle fans a few years ago who felt that they had  divine right to stay in the premiership because they were a 'big club', and were outraged that they had to slum it in the Championship.

The reality is that we have, for the past 5 years, been a club in freefall. We've been a club thats been spending money in a totally unsustainable way. We have lurched from one crisis to another, without any discernable plan or strategy to stop the decline and go forward. We have spent the last year completely changing the structure of the club and the personnel. And, in that context, yes, a draw at Tranmere was a good result. It was further evidence that we're turning the corner.

SOD is dead right - "for an away performance, for where we are at this particular moment, we showed some good signs".

No-one (as far as I'm aware!) amongst those you label "happy clappers" is happy about where we are. If you think I'm happy, or satisfied, about our current position then you're very wrong.

But, I think that the way forward, and the way to get us back to where we all want City to be, and where we have the potential to be, is not to sit on the sidelines grumbling, being negative, and chucking abuse around - generally behaving like a spoilt child that can't get its way. The way forward is to get behind the club and the people who are trying to turn it round. You might not agree with everything they do, and they might not (always) get it right - but at least they are trying to do something positive.

As for 'shafting' the club: that implies something deliberate and I dont believe thats the case. I agree that the board has a whole lot to answer for - they've oerseen us getting into this state and I agree that they have a lot to prove in terms of being able to get us out of it. SOD - what evidence is there that he's 'shafting' us - if there's one person who's grasped what we need to do and is setting about doing it (albeit with two hands tied behind his back at present) it's him. That's why I'm 100% behind him. Not because I'm 'happy' but because I'm pleased that there's someone who's prepared to get his hands dirty and sort things out. I think that needs our support, not abuse.

I think you need to get real about where we are and, as they say, 'smell the coffee'.

You remind me a bit of the Newcastle fans a few years ago who felt that they had  divine right to stay in the Premier League because they were a 'big club', and were outraged that they had to slum it in the Championship.

The reality is that we have, for the past 5 years, been a club in freefall. We've been a club thats been spending money in a totally unsustainable way. We have lurched from one crisis to another, without any discernable plan or strategy to stop the decline and go forward. We have spent the last year completely changing the structure of the club and the personnel. And, in that context, yes, a draw at Tranmere was a good result. It was further evidence that we're turning the corner.

SOD is dead right - "for an away performance, for where we are at this particular moment, we showed some good signs".

No-one (as far as I'm aware!) amongst those you label "happy clappers" is happy about where we are. If you think I'm happy, or satisfied, about our current position then you're very wrong.

But, I think that the way forward, and the way to get us back to where we all want City to be, and where we have the potential to be, is not to sit on the sidelines grumbling, being negative, and chucking abuse around - generally behaving like a spoilt child that can't get its way. The way forward is to get behind the club and the people who are trying to turn it round. You might not agree with everything they do, and they might not (always) get it right - but at least they are trying to do something positive.

As for 'shafting' the club: that implies something deliberate and I dont believe thats the case. I agree that the board has a whole lot to answer for - they've oerseen us getting into this state and I agree that they have a lot to prove in terms of being able to get us out of it. SOD - what evidence is there that he's 'shafting' us - if there's one person who's grasped what we need to do and is setting about doing it (albeit with two hands tied behind his back at present) it's him. That's why I'm 100% behind him. Not because I'm 'happy' but because I'm pleased that there's someone who's prepared to get his hands dirty and sort things out. I think that needs our support, not abuse.

Excellent thoughts there, from "Dave." But if you are right in saying that SOD has "two hands tied behind his back" and he is "getting his hands dirty," then I can't see how it is us, the club, that is being "shafted," and I'm left with uncomfortable thoughts about just what the old SOD is getting up to, at times. How long are his arms?

Definitely a good point, we would have crumbled under that second half a month ago but we defended superbly. I was shocked that people bood at full time, after what was a hard working point away, if these people want to see a team winning easily they should go watch man u or chelsea. We could do without their negativity right now.

You remind me a bit of the Newcastle fans a few years ago who felt that they had  divine right to stay in the Premier League because they were a 'big club', and were outraged that they had to slum it in the Championship.

Well said, Italian Dave, molto bene! Esp the referral to stupid Newcastle fans.

I think us 'happy clappers' should be rechristened 'realistic clappers'. 

Doesn't have the same ring about it but better sums up, as you say, that we aren't 'happy' about being 'bottom' of L1 (even if our bigger picture history suggests we have always been a tier 2/3 club) but realise the long-lasting effect of mistakes made since the final whistle v Hull 2008, throwing bad money after even worse money at the problem, trying to scramble back up into the Champ play-offs (although I have to admit I, along with quite a few others, didn't always see it like that at the time. I can now!)

Realistic clappers we are, then.

Realistic - we are cutting back further than other clubs have had to because of the money we wasted/spent in the last few years. If you spend more in the first place you face more severe austerity cut-backs when you no longer can spend (ffp)

Clappers - we support the team.

And, whilst celebrating a point at Tranmere isn't ideal in the light of where we were 5 years ago, in the context of current times (i.e. these past few months) it ain't all that bad at all.

Excellent thoughts there, from "Dave." But if you are right in saying that SOD has "two hands tied behind his back" and he is "getting his hands dirty," then I can't see how it is us, the club, that is being "shafted," and I'm left with uncomfortable thoughts about just what the old SOD is getting up to, at times. How long are his arms?

Well they say it's the quiet ones you've got to watch . . .

So you don't think 5 games unbeaten is an improvement? I really don't get where you are coming from.

You seem to continually slate the club so why don't you just forget it?

Did i say it was not a improvement? Perhaps you don't like my opinions of the club and the present board and manager, but forget it why because you don't agree with my opinion or comments. Ive been a regular at AG long before you were a twinkle in your daddy's eye.

Did i say it was not a improvement? Perhaps you don't like my opinions of the club and the present board and manager, but forget it why because you don't agree with my opinion or comments. Ive been a regular at AG long before you were a twinkle in your daddy's eye.

Not quite sure how you know anything about my supporting of the club - completely stupid thing to say. 

I am not sure what opinions you have other than to be completely negative. If you could possibly ever give some evidence about why and what suggestions you would make for improvement then maybe you would come across as a bit more "loyal". 

Archived