IGNORED

Qpr Record Fine (Potentially)

IdliketoRogerMoore

For massive overspending last year figures reported 60-80 million pound surly that would make their financial status worse? Anyway bet Harry Redknapps dog is is doing well out of all this!

The same attitude as Crapdiff, I am afraid.

As long as they get to the Prem, **** all the penalties & consequences.

Whatever way you look at it, it's a strange way to attack this problem, fine a club for losing money. Typical of football authorities really.

It works as fair play if you take that money and distribute it around the other clubs.

So QPR / Man City can pour money away, but they will be doing so in the knowledge that next season they will be subsidising their competitors.

I don't understand why a club can get relegated from the premier league and have 3 years to get there finances sorted.

Whilst clubs in championship and league 1 get relegated and have to comply with the FFP rules straight away.

Just seems the big boys want a safety net so they can go back up whilst the rest of the clubs have to play ball.

The rich get richer and the rest can fight over the scraps.

I don't understand why a club can get relegated from the premier league and have 3 years to get there finances sorted.

Whilst clubs in championship and league 1 get relegated and have to comply with the FFP rules straight away.

Just seems the big boys want a safety net so they can go back up whilst the rest of the clubs have to play ball.

The rich get richer and the rest can fight over the scraps.

Bit like our society really. Ever increasing wealth in fewer and fewer hands.

It works as fair play if you take that money and distribute it around the other clubs.

So QPR / Man City can pour money away, but they will be doing so in the knowledge that next season they will be subsidising their competitors.

How will a club millions in debt manage to pay a fine? borrow more money? and put it further in debt? and next season receive another fine because of the original fine? and the fine is obviously levied against the club not the owner.

How will a club millions in debt manage to pay a fine? borrow more money? and put it further in debt? and next season receive another fine because of the original fine? and the fine is obviously levied against the club not the owner.

The club usually is the owner.  City's debt is to it's owner as no sane bank would lend to a loss-making football club without a first charge on its stadium.

So if Tony Fernandez wants QPR promoted then he spends more of his own money, in loans to the club, in the knowledge that he will then get a masive fine next season.  Which he will also be paying unless he wants the club wound up and to lose all the money that he has put in.

In a way it makes it an easier way to get promoted for people with money to burn as there will be fewer clubs happy to make a loss year after year under these rules.

The club usually is the owner.  City's debt is to it's owner as no sane bank would lend to a loss-making football club without a first charge on its stadium.

So if Tony Fernandez wants QPR promoted then he spends more of his own money, in loans to the club, in the knowledge that he will then get a masive fine next season.  Which he will also be paying unless he wants the club wound up and to lose all the money that he has put in.

In a way it makes it an easier way to get promoted for people with money to burn as there will be fewer clubs happy to make a loss year after year under these rules.

You are assuming 2 things here, firstly that the owner actually has the funds to meet these debts (as Portsmouth found out to their cost) and that he has the will to actually meet any losses + fines then the club would be liable, I think it's yet another gimmick that won't ultimately work and will probably be tested in the courts at some stage.

it's based on the French system, which is a good system believe me, but France has an element that certainly the UK does not and that is financial irregularity of this sort is a criminal offence and owners pay that ultimate price with a possible jail sentence.

Over the past 6 years Nantes a very well supported club and 3rd most successful side in French football history, were relegated and in a bid to save his investment one of the co owners tried to take out his particular investment and was publicly advised do that and we will prosecute and you will go to prison, now that might work in the UK actually make the owners more accountable.

You are assuming 2 things here, firstly that the owner actually has the funds to meet these debts (as Portsmouth found out to their cost) and that he has the will to actually meet any losses + fines then the club would be liable, I think it's yet another gimmick that won't ultimately work and will probably be tested in the courts at some stage.

it's based on the French system, which is a good system believe me, but France has an element that certainly the UK does not and that is financial irregularity of this sort is a criminal offence and owners pay that ultimate price with a possible jail sentence.

Over the past 6 years Nantes a very well supported club and 3rd most successful side in French football history, were relegated and in a bid to save his investment one of the co owners tried to take out his particular investment and was publicly advised do that and we will prosecute and you will go to prison, now that might work in the UK actually make the owners more accountable.

I am certainly assuming those two things.  We've all seen what happens when the owners don't actually have the funds (Plymouth were in that state a couple of years ago) and liquidation beckons but the QPR owner is choosing to make these losses because he thinks that the only way that QPR will be financially successful is if they get into the Premiership.  So he's pouring money in.  Didn't Yeovil say that Joey Barton was on more than their entire squad?

Couldn't happen to a nicer club. I've never been a fan of the horrible Hoops and their big-headed cockernee following...

When you have Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal around one thing you can not accuse QPR fans of is being big-headed.  Nice small friendly ground, Fulham was the same and probably still are.  They've both been through funny patches with odd owners (Al Fayed and Briatore) but the fans will still be the same.

Add Bournemouth and West Ham to that list as well

and Southampton, All had financial troubles just after he left

Redknapp must know whathe is doing to clubs, but as long. He sits on his massive salary having his ego stroked by the media but has destroyed clubs, and doesn't give a monkeys.

When you have Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal around one thing you can not accuse QPR fans of is being big-headed. Nice small friendly ground, Fulham was the same and probably still are. They've both been through funny patches with odd owners (Al Fayed and Briatore) but the fans will still be the same.

You forget Eduardo, I used to work in Shepherds Bush and encounter them every home game. Bunch o'*****. Take my word for it.

Archived