IGNORED

Kalifa Cisse

harvey54

We miss him greatly, was our very own makelele.

What we don't miss is paying him 3x more than we could afford (probably 6x now), and double more than he was worth. It comes to something when a footballer would rather (and could easily afford to) sit out a tenth of their working life because of sheer greed. Played 6 games since leaving us and joining Derby.

What we don't miss is paying him 3x more than we could afford (probably 6x now), and double more than he was worth. It comes to something when a footballer would rather (and could easily afford to) sit out a tenth of their working life because of sheer greed. Played 6 games since leaving us and joining Derby.

Completely agree, though he was a greedy so and so who put money first, there is no denying what a fantastic presence he was on the pitch.

What is this Kalifa love in all about??? A lot of you guys are looking at him through rose tinted specs.

Yeah he broke up play alright and put himself about, but on the ball he was as subtle as an elephant in the kitchen.

For the money he was on, he isn't that much better than Marv, albeit Marv has lost that half yard of pace after his string of injuries.

What is this Kalifa love in all about??? A lot of you guys are looking at him through rose tinted specs.

Yeah he broke up play alright and put himself about, but on the ball he was as subtle as an elephant in the kitchen.

For the money he was on, he isn't that much better than Marv, albeit Marv has lost that half yard of pace after his string of injuries.

+1, we weren't a lot more successful when he played.

Not really, thought he was fantastic when he here too, no rose tinted specs. He may not have been great on the ball but if you actually watched him you'd of seen the things he does off of it, breaking up play, anchoring the midfield and getting himself in good positions in the defensive third, he did all the ugly side of the game which many people don't understand as everyone wants a flair player like Albert or JET getting them of their seats. Cisse was a vital cog in our team when he played and got a consistent run out.

I think Cisse could've been a really good addition but he was shaken by the Coppel saga.

I was going to say he didn't play much afterward but I thought I would check. He played 30 games in all comps in 2010/11 and 32 in 2011/12 according to the official football league site, which should be reliable. He clearly didn't make a huge impression on me.

I quite liked Cisse but my memory of him is good for 50-60 mins then ran out of steam. Ironically one away game at Derby typified that when we lost 2-1 I think. Can't pay top money for someone who can't last 90 mins. That being said one of the probs last season for me was we never really replaces his type in midfield(Kelly maybe). Think this year we have with wynter or Kelly when fit who do that job well for half if not more the wages.

I really rated Cisse when he played but I don't think he was available anywhere near enough for how much we were paying him. He couldn't seem to play Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday, never seemed at peak fitness.

Pretty much how I remember him too. Cracking player but couldn't do back to back games and because of that was not worth the money he was demanding. He wouldn't have kept us up last year.

Archived