IGNORED

Bristol City Itv Hightlights

prankerd

Looking on youtube found our 11 game winning run.. With the highlights mostly from itv, think used to be called soccer sunday? Or something... Just wondering what happened to this show?

We used to get 10-15 mins highlights everyweek, with proper commentary id prefer that the the fl show and city player!

Plus we were in div 2 for years but damn the football was entertaining! A.brown, l.peacock, l.lita, tinnion, Doherty all players id have right now

Great memories. First season ticket that season for me, so that team will always be the quintessential "Bristol City" team, and what a season - just a shame it ended the way it did. Almost makes it better for me in many ways though, if that makes any sense. (I'd try to explain but it would take ages.)

Made I cry watching that. Went to the Grimsby evening game when we went top. What a night. Tinnion came over and went mental in front of us when the winning second went in.

That Grimsby game is one of my favourite ever City memories. Such a buzz. First proper away game I ever attended, couldn't have picked a better one really. All the way up with my sister and her friends, absolutely freezing cold for the entire game, didn't even see the first goal but couldn't care less, completely gutted when they equalised, and then utter delirium when Brown stuck it away. What a game.

I can still taste the fish and chips on the walk back to the car.

Magic.

And I'm still convinced it wasn't even a penalty.

Great memories. First season ticket that season for me, so that team will always be the quintessential "Bristol City" team, and what a season - just a shame it ended the way it did. Almost makes it better for me in many ways though, if that makes any sense. (I'd try to explain but it would take ages.)

That Grimsby game is one of my favourite ever City memories. Such a buzz. First proper away game I ever attended, couldn't have picked a better one really. All the way up with my sister and her friends, absolutely freezing cold for the entire game, didn't even see the first goal but couldn't care less, completely gutted when they equalised, and then utter delirium when Brown stuck it away. What a game.

I can still taste the fish and chips on the walk back to the car.

Magic.

And I'm still convinced it wasn't even a penalty.

My son and I got there late and (I will always credit Grimsby Town for this) a steward took us round the edge of the pitch (!) to seats with the Home fans. We just sat down when Lee Miller nodded in the best taken header I have ever seen from a corner. We stood up shouting, realised our mistake and made our way quickly to the Away end. Again the steward let us through, no problem!

What the commentators said about their equaliser was that the ref should have awarded them a spot kick earlier and made up for his mistake with the "penalty" which was in fact a brilliant tackle by Matt Hill.

My son and I got there late and (I will always credit Grimsby Town for this) a steward took us round the edge of the pitch (!) to seats with the Home fans. We just sat down when Lee Miller nodded in the best taken header I have ever seen from a corner. We stood up shouting, realised our mistake and made our way quickly to the Away end. Again the steward let us through, no problem!

What the commentators said about their equaliser was that the ref should have awarded them a spot kick earlier and made up for his mistake with the "penalty" which was in fact a brilliant tackle by Matt Hill.

Ha, great stuff - all about occasions like that.

Yeah, that rings a bell actually re: penalty.. Think Butler might've got away with one a little bit before? Not sure. Either way, Matty Hill was inch perfect.

The chants of "we are top of the league" were reverberating around Grimsby for what felt like hours. Gorgeous.

Still baffles me how we managed to blow promotion... Automatic should of been a given that season! But hey id rather go back to these days being around the playoffs just missing out playing great football than the shite on show now!

The spirit and fight back then was quality, the mansfield game when we came back in the last 3 mins!! You wouldnt see that now :laugh:

I enjoyed watching the clip of us going large at Brentford- reminded me of watching us over an over at Murray scoring our second at Bouremouth on their open terrace, in the cup, a few years earlier.

I s'pose R*vers this year, after Joe Bryan's strike, is the closest I've been to being off the hook in recent years.

Admittedly, I wasn't at Carlisle, but people don't go as mental as we used to..

Criminal how we didn't go up that year. We drew 0-0 with Brighton at AG in April which cost us big time.

Archived