IGNORED

Froch V Groves

Kid in the Riot

Just saw it again, no doubt Groves was winning on points but he was clearly going to be stopped by Froch very shortly afterwards if the ref hadn't stepped in. He was gone and the ref possibly saved him from a heavy knockdown. Really good effort from Groves, although Froch took him too lightly from the start and almost paid for it.

Well, I thought Groves would put on a good display but that was even better than expected.

I haven't seen many people mention it, but it was his speed that was doing the damage and causing Froch all kinds of problems.

Groves will surely go on and be a world champ based on that. No way will Froch want a rematch IMO and will probably instead go after Ward.

As for the ref, yes the stoppage was an early one. Whether it was the right call, I tend to agree that Groves was about to be in a world of trouble and he did seem to turn away from Froch which would have left him open to an almighty beating.

The most confusing thing for me was why the referee, despite warning Froch 3 or 4 times, didn't take a point off for hitting after he called break. That was naughty from Froch and weak refereeing.

Just saw it again, no doubt Groves was winning on points but he was clearly going to be stopped by Froch very shortly afterwards if the ref hadn't stepped in. He was gone and the ref possibly saved him from a heavy knockdown. Really good effort from Groves, although Froch took him too lightly from the start and almost paid for it.

I watched it and the ref did the right thing, Froch was going to knock Groves out very hard.

Well, I thought Groves would put on a good display but that was even better than expected.

I haven't seen many people mention it, but it was his speed that was doing the damage and causing Froch all kinds of problems.

Groves will surely go on and be a world champ based on that. No way will Froch want a rematch IMO and will probably instead go after Ward.

As for the ref, yes the stoppage was an early one. Whether it was the right call, I tend to agree that Groves was about to be in a world of trouble and he did seem to turn away from Froch which would have left him open to an almighty beating.

The most confusing thing for me was why the referee, despite warning Froch 3 or 4 times, didn't take a point off for hitting after he called break. That was naughty from Froch and weak refereeing.

Forget about Andre Ward he is a class above Groves and Froch.

Just watched it not knowing what happened, wow that was some fight!!!

Wasn't that disappointed with the stoppage, Groves looked like he was finished to me.

A rematch would make an absolute killing especially with the sense of injustice.

Groves was the loser but for me he deserved all the credit he received afterwards compared to Froch.

Wondering if Froch will just retire now. I know that he wanted to avenge the Ward defeat but, regardless of what happened on the weekend, I don't think he'd have much chance of winning the second time around. Ward is dull but very very good and he's all wrong for Froch. If he does walk away then I wouldn't blame him, he must have had one of the most brutal runs of opponents in recent history since the Pascal fight and at 36 has little left to prove.

I think that the stoppage was premature but that a KO was coming. Groves was fantastic but you have to hand it to Froch, he's a freak, just doesn't give up.

Archived