IGNORED

Getting That Feeling Back...

RedBrizzleRobin

After the last three years of fighting relegation, limping from one season to the next, watching both the board and managers make the same mistakes over and over, its been pretty soul destroying.  I'd had lost touch with city, it had turned into a rudderless ship set sale for the obyss of dispair and disappointment. There was no plan, no organisation, no leadership. I honestly didn't believe anyone within the club knew what we were trying to achieve or how we were going to turn the things around.

Now, despite the board being responsible for where we are right now, I believe that they are turning the ship back around, that they have learnt and are righting the wrongs of their previous mistakes. There's finally a plan, organisation and you can see what we are trying to do. I know quite a few people won't but im willing to give them a second chance, too see this plan through.  There is no instant fix, it will take time and patients to be fixed which, as hard as it is, MUST be given to allow them to finished what they have started. I have started looking forward to going again, not because of what we are now but what we have the potential to become. I can finally see a team, a young team, a team I feel I can connect with. One which is putting the effort in, one which is pulling in the same direction, one which has ALOT of potential to improve and grow. Its been a tough start, one harder than we thought but we've already seen the team improving, one which looked like it was reminiscent of previous seasons at the start - scoring but conceding alot more and losing - to one which has learnt from its mistakes, learnt how to defend better, learnt how to start winning games. I believe going into next season, ridding ourselfs of the last of the 'old guard' we will have a team to be proud of again, one we can all connect with and enjoy watching improve and develop. Some may not see them, some may not want to acknowledge them, but the green shoots of recovery are there for people to see.  BCFC are finally moving forward again and while our position isn't great at the moment, the futures looking better if you just take a second to look.

Then again I could just be going mad :bonkers:

Getting the feeling back.

Interesting thread title, can't say I've lost the feeling before. I still love the feeling of waking up on a Saturday morning in anticipation of the match. Not that I've enjoyed the part between 3pm and 4.45 a lot over the last few years, but the Saturday morning build up, got The Smiths on the stereo just to get me in the mood!, and a few pints with family and friends before and after the game is what makes the day about more than the football. Just as well really.

Getting the feeling back.

Interesting thread title, can't say I've lost the feeling before. I still love the feeling of waking up on a Saturday morning in anticipation of the match. Not that I've enjoyed the part between 3pm and 4.45 a lot over the last few years, but the Saturday morning build up, got The Smiths on the stereo just to get me in the mood!, and a few pints with family and friends before and after the game is what makes the day about more than the football. Just as well really.

The Smiths, glyn? Bloody hell, lad. Try keeping up with the Joneses. You are SO stuck in 1986 still!

No Les, it has to be the stones before a City game!

No satisfaction

Don't Start Me Up, young man. You check out Miss Marie first before you recommend anything else. She might be just a dolly bird mod on here to you, but in 1980, she was in hot pants and she was er, hot, as you young people like to say

Archived