IGNORED

Froch V Groves

And Its Smith

What are other's thoughts on the pay per view pre fight shenanigans in boxing?

I find it kind of pathetic seeing froch desperately trying to work an angle that isn't there to generate interest for the box office and ultimately his own pocket. It's always the same. People really do get sucked in easily by it. At least groves appears to be quite sincere and genuine in his approach (usually the underdog is the one trying to hype things).

It was the same with haye/chisora. The 'fight' which occurred at the press conference after a chisora bout when haye just turned up was all clearly engineered to fix a bout which would create interest and money.

The media all lap it up without question, as it's also in their interest to - to sell papers etc. ,but do the general public I wonder?

You can't really blame the boxers themselves, it's their livelihood, and of course they want as much money as possible...it's a product of the pay per view system, and I must admit to being sucked in a little more than I want to, even though I'm aware it's all pantomime, as I want groves to knock him out whereas before I was neutral.

But at the end of the day it is a spectator sport and if that were to happen in football, for example, people would take a very dim view.

Imagine gerrard creating needle and slagging off rooney before a big derby to generate interest so he's get paid more.

Out course, they don't need to as they'll get paid huge amounts regardless.

What think peeps?

Boxing is an entertainment not just a sport. The build up is part of the fight and dare I say sometimes the best part!

It is the job of the promoters to get the hype going and get everyone drawn in and they are good at it. For that reason they know they can put it on pay per view and people will pay for it. Its not just here but worldwide. If you get a few of you together it will only cost a few quid each.

And I for one have been drawn into the fight tonight and cannot wait for it to happen. Should be a great fight IF it lives up to the hype. An underdog that really could cause an upset against one of the best in the business even if he is getting on a bit. Add to that the hatred bewteen the two which I think is genuine and it should be great to watch.

Is due to start at 10:45pm but rarely does it start on time so I guess any time between 11 and half past.

What are other's thoughts on the pay per view pre fight shenanigans in boxing?

I find it kind of pathetic seeing froch desperately trying to work an angle that isn't there to generate interest for the box office and ultimately his own pocket. It's always the same. People really do get sucked in easily by it. At least groves appears to be quite sincere and genuine in his approach (usually the underdog is the one trying to hype things).

It was the same with haye/chisora. The 'fight' which occurred at the press conference after a chisora bout when haye just turned up was all clearly engineered to fix a bout which would create interest and money.

The media all lap it up without question, as it's also in their interest to - to sell papers etc. ,but do the general public I wonder?

You can't really blame the boxers themselves, it's their livelihood, and of course they want as much money as possible...it's a product of the pay per view system, and I must admit to being sucked in a little more than I want to, even though I'm aware it's all pantomime, as I want groves to knock him out whereas before I was neutral.

But at the end of the day it is a spectator sport and if that were to happen in football, for example, people would take a very dim view.

Imagine gerrard creating needle and slagging off rooney before a big derby to generate interest so he's get paid more.

Out course, they don't need to as they'll get paid huge amounts regardless.

What think peeps?

i don't mind paying to watch fighters like froch as i think hes earnt it however i wouldnt pay to watch khan hes dogs mess and just interested in linning his pockets  ko about 10,oclock

I'm not so sure. Groves thrives on being the underdog and has dynamite in his right hand. But Froch has an iron jaw so think it's going to be a great fight.

is this the contender for the most cliches in one post award ?

i see some sort of comic strip with a canine mutation with explosives in his hands ,against a metal faced opponent.

Anyway what's this got to do with football ? 

answers on a postcard to Aizoon ,Otib

is this the contender for the most cliches in one post award ?

i see some sort of comic strip with a canine mutation with explosives in his hands ,against a metal faced opponent.

Anyway what's this got to do with football ? 

answers on a postcard to Aizoon ,Otib

Dunno mate. It do baffle I.

Bad reffing. Not saying Froch wouldn't have finished him, because he had him in the position he likes best. But the ref ruined his chance. Personally I don't think Groves was close to hitting the canvas.

Mskes you wonder where it would have gone if it went to points. The judges cards were surprising.

Bad reffing. Not saying Froch wouldn't have finished him, because he had him in the position he likes best. But the ref ruined his chance. Personally I don't think Groves was close to hitting the canvas.

Mskes you wonder where it would have gone if it went to points. The judges cards were surprising.

I'm no expert in boxing TRL, but the judges need to be looked at surely? One point in it? Groves dominated him big time. Froch probably would have finished him but Groves needed a chance to show otherwise and I agree he didn't look like hitting the canvas at that point.

I'm no expert in boxing TRL, but the judges need to be looked at surely? One point in it? Groves dominated him big time. Froch probably would have finished him but Groves needed a chance to show otherwise and I agree he didn't look like hitting the canvas at that point.

Yeah don't know where the 1 point in it came from for 2 of the judges. Especially after the knock down

I have long stopped believing boxing is anything but corrupt since the Chavez vs meldrick Taylor fight. If you haven't seen it, watch it. Biggest travesty you will ever see in boxing.

Yeah don't know where the 1 point in it came from for 2 of the judges. Especially after the knock down

I have long stopped believing boxing is anything but corrupt since the Chavez vs meldrick Taylor fight. If you haven't seen it, watch it. Biggest travesty you will ever see in boxing.

I will have a watch! Not seen it before. Tonight doesn't do the sport any favours with regards to corruption!

I will have a watch! Not seen it before.

It goes the fill distance so give yourself at good 40 minutes.

Chavez was a awesome fighter. Meldrick Taylor newish kid on the block wanting a great champions title.

I won't tell you what happens.

Archived