IGNORED

Rlwc

Eco

I think it'll be a cracking game. NZ will probably have the better of it, but if England up their game a level they can take them. I hope Sam Burgess hasn't been listening to all this chat about it being him vs Sonny Bill, because if he just goes hunting for him we'll get drawn into a battle we can't win IMO

I'm glad he's brought Widdop in; Chase shouldn't have even been in the squad on this seasons form, but Mcnamarra has no imagination. The problem against France (and other northern hemisphere teams) is that England can win with one hand ties behind their back- Italy doesn't count, they're all NRL!

The biggest problem for England was McNammara's refusal to bring Danny Brough- nominated as the best player in the world this year- into the team, despite the fact he's the best half back in the world

I'm glad he's brought Widdop in; Chase shouldn't have even been in the squad on this seasons form, but Mcnamarra has no imagination. The problem against France (and other northern hemisphere teams) is that England can win with one hand ties behind their back- Italy doesn't count, they're all NRL!

The biggest problem for England was McNammara's refusal to bring Danny Brough- nominated as the best player in the world this year- into the team, despite the fact he's the best half back in the world

He's Scottish, allegedly !   Cole Skuse running the line today !

Tuivasa-Scheck, the Kiwi try scorer comes from Otara in Auckland. An area ( having had to travel through regularly when I lived in NZ) that makes Knowle West look posh.

As hard an area as they come.

Cracking game so far, I do get the impression the Kiwis are holding something back though!

Don't make me laugh I live in NZ and I would happily walk round Otara anytime day or night, it not no where near as hard violent as a lot of areas in Bristol.

Threw it away at the end, utter stupidity to first give away that penalty and then put out that rush defence was beyond niaive

Sadly typical of them to do something silly, in the last effing minute too ! Still, was a great game, the Burgess boys were awesome and it was a far better spectacle than any of the Rugby Union internationals I've been watching the past few eeks.

Sadly typical of them to do something silly, in the last effing minute too ! Still, was a great game, the Burgess boys were awesome and it was a far better spectacle than any of the Rugby Union internationals I've been watching the past few eeks.

You obviously didn't watch Ireland v NZ today.

But you wouldn't of picked France to reach the final.

True, but then again the only other teams that had any chance were SA, Australia, England & Wales; and history suggested the Aussies and Wales wouldn't get there. Can't deny there are more teams in with a shout in the 15 man World Cup though

Final denouement today, can the Kiwi's raise themselves again after their battering by the valiant English ?

I'm hoping for a kiwi win as I have NZ family.

Here's a piece from the NZ herald today.

By Paul Crawley

The Kiwis call it "The Brotherhood" and they see it as their secret weapon heading into tomorrow's World Cup final against the Kangaroos.

While the Aussies have been continually forced to quash rumours of a rift in the camp that has come as a direct result of their State of Origin rivalry, New Zealand have maintained all tournament that their greatest strength is their bond to each other.

"Some guys haven't been in the camp for a few years and they feel like they have only been out of the camp for a few weeks or a few months," tough prop Jared Waerea-Hargreaves explained.

"We call it 'The Brotherhood'.

"The culture around the New Zealand Kiwis is just incredible.

"The vibe everyone gets is like a big family. We have spoken about it for a few years and that is how it is."

It was on show for all to see this week when Sonny Bill Williams stood on stage at the announcement of the International Player of the Year with tears in his eyes as he watched his teammates perform an impromptu haka as a mark of their respect.

Little hooker Issac Luke led the battle cry but he had every man in the squad on their feet and in full voice with the Kangaroos seated only a couple of tables away.

Williams spoke with a genuine passion about what the camaraderie has meant to him after coming back into the camp after five years away.

"What I think I will miss when I retire is that feeling of walking off the pitch knowing that you have given your all but knowing that the players respect you," Williams said. "Knowing that you have got your brothers' respect."

This is not just talk among a group that go into this match as the reigning World Cup champs and Four Nations title holders but as underdogs in the eyes of most.

While the Kangaroos are the bookies' favourites and tournament top seeds, the Kiwis' last minute victory over England last week at Wembley has given them the opportunity to defend their title - and they go into this match with a point to prove to the world.

In their eyes, they have been the Kangaroos' little brother for too long - now "The Brotherhood" wants to prove once and for all why they deserve to be now recognised as rugby league's dominant nation.

"In terms of our squad and our talent like you said we are the World Champions. They have to bring it to us at the end of the day," Kiwis five-eighth Kieran Foran said.

I'm hoping for a kiwi win as I have NZ family.

Here's a piece from the NZ herald today.

By Paul Crawley

The Kiwis call it "The Brotherhood" and they see it as their secret weapon heading into tomorrow's World Cup final against the Kangaroos.

While the Aussies have been continually forced to quash rumours of a rift in the camp that has come as a direct result of their State of Origin rivalry, New Zealand have maintained all tournament that their greatest strength is their bond to each other.

"Some guys haven't been in the camp for a few years and they feel like they have only been out of the camp for a few weeks or a few months," tough prop Jared Waerea-Hargreaves explained.

"We call it 'The Brotherhood'.

"The culture around the New Zealand Kiwis is just incredible.

"The vibe everyone gets is like a big family. We have spoken about it for a few years and that is how it is."

It was on show for all to see this week when Sonny Bill Williams stood on stage at the announcement of the International Player of the Year with tears in his eyes as he watched his teammates perform an impromptu haka as a mark of their respect.

Little hooker Issac Luke led the battle cry but he had every man in the squad on their feet and in full voice with the Kangaroos seated only a couple of tables away.

Williams spoke with a genuine passion about what the camaraderie has meant to him after coming back into the camp after five years away.

"What I think I will miss when I retire is that feeling of walking off the pitch knowing that you have given your all but knowing that the players respect you," Williams said. "Knowing that you have got your brothers' respect."

This is not just talk among a group that go into this match as the reigning World Cup champs and Four Nations title holders but as underdogs in the eyes of most.

While the Kangaroos are the bookies' favourites and tournament top seeds, the Kiwis' last minute victory over England last week at Wembley has given them the opportunity to defend their title - and they go into this match with a point to prove to the world.

In their eyes, they have been the Kangaroos' little brother for too long - now "The Brotherhood" wants to prove once and for all why they deserve to be now recognised as rugby league's dominant nation.

"In terms of our squad and our talent like you said we are the World Champions. They have to bring it to us at the end of the day," Kiwis five-eighth Kieran Foran said.

The Haka was truly awesome

Archived