IGNORED

City Vs Sheffield United Match Thread

Robin 101

No, it did not.

But booing the team is for whiners and fair weather 'fans'.

Stop whining please, it's truly pathetic.

Fairweather eh?

I'm writing this from Membury services on my home to Henley-on-Thames.

I drive down to AG and back for these games.

Fair weather is one thing for which I do not qualify.

YOU are an embarrassment mate.

Btw - it is not YOU playing clubs like SUFC it is our team.

If YOU were playing would you appreciate some armchair sniper booing you?

See what I did?

Those players are on about the same salary as me, give or take.

Now if I performed my job poorly I would expect others to criticise and complain - certainly if I perform to a poor standard and they know they are contributing to my wages.

I also would expect at some point my manager to ask me to leave the company.

The performances against appalling sides are - well - appalling!

SOD dosen't agree with your ref sentiments, thought no penalty, no foul in the build up to their goal.

It was a penalty - unless you accept that a ball can suddenly change trajectory in mid air!

However, I'm not surprised the goal wasn't given. They often aren't in such a goalmouth bundle. Very difficulty to see if the keeper was unfairly impeded or pushed off the ball.

It was a penalty - unless you accept that a ball can suddenly change trajectory in mid air!

However, I'm not surprised the goal wasn't given. They often aren't in such a goalmouth bundle. Very difficulty to see if the keeper was unfairly impeded or pushed off the ball.

SOD said something along the lines of 'it was hit straight at him, wouldn't have been happy had it been given against us' although he hadn't reviewed it at that stage.

Anyone who still uses the "in transition" line needs to be decapitated. This is quite possibly the worst City team since 1982. Theres no excuse for this toilet of a side.

This side is indeed shite, and agreed worst since 82. Made the Penis era team look good

The team itself is more than good enough for league 1. The manager on the other hand, despite what ever previous track record, is shite. Absolutely clueless. Needs to go ASAP. I'm on board with the club mentalilty of transition but you need the guy in charge to execute is successfully. SOD OFF

This is mostly accurate. I would suggest the team aint all its cracked up to be, as hes used a fair number before. He is deffo past his sell by date 2 wins in 22 league games this season, plus four in six cup games. and what three or four clean sheets in all games?

We came within 20 minutes of a clean sheet, so no doubt SOD will be happy with today's outcome.

You aint wrong there... 

One word to describe his post match interview uninspiring.

Totally un*******inspiring actually. He pre match and post match chats to the team must be ****** rietting hey..

OK here's my take. We were better than last home game in that we didn't give the ball away as carelessly or as often. The game was boring for first 35 minutes at least as City patiently and slowly passed the ball upfield only for the effort to fizzle away when reaching the box. United didn't look like scoring at all - happy to sit back and defend. No service to Baldock whatsoever - ran around but no result - JET needs an alternative alongside (but who?).

OG - Flint again - can't comment, didn't see it clearly. We should have been 1-1 - still no idea why goal was disallowed. Ref was atrocious - many a foul ignored including JET's arms being pinned behind him and held down several times.

We missed Bobby Reid. Better when Harewood came on.

Did we push forward effectively for a goal? No. Did the team deserved to be booed? No. Wasn't lack of effort but lacking in some areas where our players are just not good enough and luck and ref against us. Not excuses and I'm mot a happy clapper before the usual suspects start.

Think Tuesday will be more entertaining as we will have a team who wants to play not defend. Can we win or draw that game? Unlikely based on today.

No point throwing toys out of pram - some fans at the Gate need to grow up. There ain't a miracle worker out there. So let's hope the fans encourage and support as Atyeo and EE did brilliantly today. Cheers.

Will now wait for those who didn't go to tell me how wrong I am ....

I was there and I make the following points: endless sideways passing followed by a long ball punted aimlessly forward to a lack of City players is bollocks. Should not happen as often as it does.

Always a risk of leaking a goal due to the complete lack of real chances created, aided by the constant dropping off from the Blunts attacks..Why oh ****** why is this still happening???

The Blunts were exactly that, blunt, never looked like they would ever score unless we made a mistake..and **** ME guess what we did. Flints own goal is a result of dropping off and nerve going..

There is no leadership on or off the pitch, the manager seems utterly incapable of changing a ****** thing, and brother did we miss Reid & Bryan today.

Final point, ref was appalling today, and yet again the breaks didnt go our way, but why the holy **** should we even depending on the breaks for **** sake???

We look a good bet for L2 as well, unless we get a **** sight harder, clinical, professional than we currently are.

Didnt hear much booing. The team did work hard today, in usual current dismal fashion.

The managers bloody awful manner in interviews really really grips me...he utterly fails to inspire me. christ knows how the teams react!

Archived