IGNORED

My Thoughts

And Its Smith

I've been a reader of this forum for a few years now and only now do I feel the need to post. Some of the names flying around as out next manager fill me with fear. I couldnt decide whether I wanted Danny out or not but what I did know was that if he did go we NEEDED to bring someone in who's better. Its like the cliche that a lot of managers say, "We'll only bring in players if they are better than we currently have". These are the names I've seen on this forum:

Tony Fawthrop - Ok - as long as he has either Tinman or Taylor as assistant.

Brian Tinnion - Same as Fawthrop - either Taylor or Fawthrop as assistant.

Keith Curle - This would be a gamble - very much the unknown after only one season in management.

Shaun Taylor - Same as Tinman and Fawthrop.

Leroy Rosenior - DEFINATELY the man for the job, stumbling block is compensation to Torquay.

Ronnie Moore - Cant see it. Again compensation an issue, would therefore prefer Leroy if we're getting a manager currently in a job.

Glenn Hoddle - NO NO NO, please god NO. Arrogant, attention seeking fool. Wouldnt fit in.

Gordan Strachan - This is nonsense - if he wanted to come back into football he would of gone to Leeds surely.

Colin Lee - NO NO NO please god NO. Never done anything at any club as far as I can remember.

Steve McMahon - I'd rather appoint Edson! (No offense) This is the worst option. Never had success, just a thug.

Russell Osman - Didnt do it the first time round - why would he now?

Glenn Roeder - Not up to it at West Ham, why would he be up to this?

So I reckon Leroy is the man and if we cant afford him then Fawthrop, with either Tinman or Taylor as assistant. Any other option and wont be happy, unless they appoint someone I havent thought of.

The next couple of weeks could make or break the next 2-3 years of Bristol City Football Club.

Archived