IGNORED

Swindon

petehinton

Watch tomorrow's Post...

It does show how lax stewards really are, not just yesterday but when you get a fan running or encroaching onto the pitch they seem happy to let them climb over the advertising hoardings and act like a complete tool and then take him down after.

The notable ones on TV was the Polish fan running on the pitch to act a fool and the moronic Leeds fan who took a swing at Kirkland. Are stewards not allowed to stop them before then? They must notice someone is upto no good surely?

It does show how lax stewards really are, not just yesterday but when you get a fan running or encroaching onto the pitch they seem happy to let them climb over the advertising hoardings and act like a complete tool and then take him down after.

The notable ones on TV was the Polish fan running on the pitch to act a fool and the moronic Leeds fan who took a swing at Kirkland. Are stewards not allowed to stop them before then? They must notice someone is upto no good surely?

You have to remember that Rentathug employs bears of ve-ry litt-le brain.

Since Hillsboro it's been far too easy for lunatics to get on the pitch. The football establishment seem to have a problem differentiating between containment and safety. I'd like to see a nice little 4' ditch around the perimeter of each ground - wouldn't stop an invasion in an emergency but it would stop the initial idiot and would give the stewards a chance.

yeh....how about a barbed wire fence,machine gun towers,big search lights.....its football not fking colditz

yeh....how about a barbed wire fence,machine gun towers,big search lights.....its football not fking colditz

That would just be a barbed wire fence for you then.

Our club are responsible for the behaviour of fans inside the ground. Our club choose to have an inadequate number of inadequate OAPs to attempt to stop paying customers invading the pitch. It's only a matter of time before some drunk causes physical injury to a player and before we know it they'll be fines and points deductions let alone a tarnished reputation.

My point was that it should be a little more difficult for people to invade the pitch (where legally they shouldn't be) balancing the need to allow evacuation in the event of an emergency.

That would just be a barbed wire fence for you then.

Our club are responsible for the behaviour of fans inside the ground. Our club choose to have an inadequate number of inadequate OAPs to attempt to stop paying customers invading the pitch. It's only a matter of time before some drunk causes physical injury to a player and before we know it they'll be fines and points deductions let alone a tarnished reputation.

My point was that it should be a little more difficult for people to invade the pitch (where legally they shouldn't be) balancing the need to allow evacuation in the event of an emergency.

I highly doubt they'll injure a player given by the fact the last two notable incidents which was yesterday and the Sheffield Wednesday Leeds game the morons who run up to confront, apparently punch a player and clearly bottled by the windmill action.

The same happened at City a few years back when a fan ran onto the pitch to confront the ref during the Bournemouth game and surprise surprise did nothing... its all bluster.

You're quite right. 

mob-angry.gif

Don't know what all the fuss is about, it was a typical invasion by a single person obviously off of his tits and once he realised where he was thought shit i'd better do something now otherwise I might look stupid, he's in trouble and will be dealt with, the stewards will be over enthusiastic at the next home game and the world will keep turning and Phil might cut his finger nails.

Archived