IGNORED

Marlon Harewood

fka dagest

Perhaps I'm being harsh but I think he achieved as much, if not more, in his 10 mins as Baldock did all game.

Now, I get the impression some on here decided they didn't rate him from day one, but every time I see him he has more presence, better ball control and more threat than Baldock.

Even if you don't agree, did we really sign him this year with a view to only playing 5 minute cameo performances every game?

Surely every man deserves a start to at least show what you can do?  Unless you're Ryan Taylor of course, who got an assist and hasn't been seen again since.

So its only me who cannot see the point of Harewood?!

Constantly fouls from minute one once he comes on. If his experience is supposed to be a benefit, the petty fouls he gave away today in areas of Sheff Utd own half were pure inexperience.

Basically we dont have a striker worthy of the name. And the big lump Marlon is one of the worst!!

Baldock had all day with that one on one, he misses far too many of those for a player who cost as much as he did, i never feel too confident when he's baring down on goal as he can be so wasteful.

Compare Baldocks effort to Joe Bryan's from exactly the same position and same amount if time.

I didn't think at the time Baldock would score yet I thought Joe might.

Sad endictment.

Perhaps I'm being harsh but I think he achieved as much, if not more, in his 10 mins as Baldock did all game.

Now, I get the impression some on here decided they didn't rate him from day one, but every time I see him he has more presence, better ball control and more threat than Baldock.

Even if you don't agree, did we really sign him this year with a view to only playing 5 minute cameo performances every game?

Surely every man deserves a start to at least show what you can do? Unless you're Ryan Taylor of course, who got an assist and hasn't been seen again since.

I agree in that he shows more than Baldock but who doesn't!?

People may feel Harewood deserves a start and he probably is due one. However....he started at Wycombe and was absolutely awful. He didn't put in the sort of shift I would expect from a man waiting in the wings for his chance. I was really disappointed with with his display that night and on that evidence I can understand why he hasn't started since.

Compare Baldocks effort to Joe Bryan's from exactly the same position and same amount if time.

I didn't think at the time Baldock would score yet I thought Joe might.

Sad endictment.

Disappointing he didn't score especially when he did from an identical position last week at tranmere.

I agree in that he shows more than Baldock but who doesn't!?

People may feel Harewood deserves a start and he probably is due one. However....he started at Wycombe and was absolutely awful. He didn't put in the sort of shift I would expect from a man waiting in the wings for his chance. I was really disappointed with with his display that night and on that evidence I can understand why he hasn't started since.

But he also started in the Rovers game, which was one of our best 45 mins of the season.

Couldn't agree more.

Why he wasn't on by the hour mark was completely baffling, too.

Because - of course - Sean never makes a change until we're a goal down - and then the changes he makes, as with bringing Williams on today, usually do nothing to make us more of a goal threat.

We could see it not working, he could see it not working, but he's so bloody stubborn that he'd prefer to stick with the formation which "works on paper".

SOD's biggest failing as a manager.

But he also started in the Rovers game, which was one of our best 45 mins of the season.

True.

I don't think he was great in the Rovers game but at least his presence will offer more than Baldock at the moment. I would give Burns a go up top as it's obvious SoD won't play him out wide instead of the pretty much guaranteed starter Wagstaff.

People have said that harewood offered more in those 10 mins than baldock. Burns was the same v d&r. What is this saying bout lil Sam?! He can't hold up the ball, tries to run before controlling it,has no upper body strength, hasn't got blistering pace and rarely does the main thing he's on the pitch to do,which is score presentable chances.

He's either got to have a partner up top with him or be dropped cos he's a real weak link in this formation

until Sod sees the problem is not at the back but up front we will not improve. keeping clean sheets is a good basis but not essential to win games, you will always conceed the odd goal, but you have to score to win. we have no theat up front, both in terms of scoring and just causing problems to the opposition or holding the ball up.

Baldock cannot play the lone striker role and Jet is drifting further away from being up front, he was on the wing more than Wagstaff. For a team to come here with no confidence there giant number 5 will not have had an easier game all season, with all the high balls pumped to Baldock. Even if Baldock gets a decent ball he does not look like scoring. As for being captain, no way as shows no leadership at all.

next game must drop Baldock or change formation to have Taylor playing

until Sod sees the problem is not at the back but up front we will not improve. keeping clean sheets is a good basis but not essential to win games, you will always conceed the odd goal, but you have to score to win. we have no theat up front, both in terms of scoring and just causing problems to the opposition or holding the ball up.

Baldock cannot play the lone striker role and Jet is drifting further away from being up front, he was on the wing more than Wagstaff. For a team to come here with no confidence there giant number 5 will not have had an easier game all season, with all the high balls pumped to Baldock. Even if Baldock gets a decent ball he does not look like scoring. As for being captain, no way as shows no leadership at all.

next game must drop Baldock or change formation to have Taylor playing

Heavily relying on JET, He did alright yesterday but way off what we know he can do, Our defence looks so much better than last season, Last season every attack turned into a goal!

Just needs a lukaku type striker, Big, Strong, And relatively quick, Or Play JET up top with Baldock behind him?

Archived