IGNORED

Beards In 2013.

Talk Of The Town

I've been ahead of the fashion curve in the chin department for five years now and my influence is obviously pervasive.

Last year, I did some work for the Newsnight team. One evening, I noticed Paxman peering closely at me. I thought he was thinking "who the hell is that?!" in his normal, supercillious way.

But lo, a few months later, his own facial foliage was unveiled to the public.

Like I say, influence....

He was looking at you in disgust Robbo..... :whistle:

Yeah but Paxman only has two 'looks': disgust and contempt, so it difficult to tell what he's thinking

For what it's worth, I'm banned from having a beard by the wife because she doesn't like them. Luckily, my facial hair is patchy and ginger so it's no great loss that I'm a cuckolded weakling under the yoke of female tyranny...

Like Robbo I was ahead of the beard game, and like Spike I don't look right without one (probably to do with the balding head!). I judge people who don't have beards nowadays, why wouldn't you? It's your right as a man to have one!

As for the big bushy beards, didn't whichever team won the baseball world series all have one? Grew them all season as a sign of kinship amongst their own? I'm all for that

For the first time in my life I've got a beard.

Never much liked beards and never thought I was capable of growing a decent one anyway.

But having not shaved for a few days I was persuaded to try it 'for a change' and see what happened.

One month on and it's a full beard and I'm getting a ridiculous amount of positive comments so may be stuck with it for a while.

Getting to the stage where I've no idea how to get the bloody thing off anyway.

Archived