IGNORED

Set Pieces

marmite

What on earth is going on with our set pieces? Why do we continue with the short corner routine which always comes to nothing just leaving our centre backs isolated up field when we lose possession. No one is ever looking to be available when we have a throw in, and as for free kicks in attacking areas, well. We invariably have 3 or 4 players standing over the free kick, 2 more back on the halfway line in case the opposition break, plus our keeper. that leaves a maximum of 5, usually 4, players available in the opposition box, against 9 defenders. It only needs one player to take the kick for Gods sake. More players in the box means more chances of winning the ball, simple. One more thing; why does Baldock have to drop deep when we are defending a corner or free kick. He wont win the ball and our only up field outlet is gone. Just more frustrations to add to the most boring city side I have ever watched. Rant over, I'll be there Tuesday hoping for improvement...please.

What on earth is going on with our set pieces? Why do we continue with the short corner routine which always comes to nothing just leaving our centre backs isolated up field when we lose possession. No one is ever looking to be available when we have a throw in, and as for free kicks in attacking areas, well. We invariably have 3 or 4 players standing over the free kick, 2 more back on the halfway line in case the opposition break, plus our keeper. that leaves a maximum of 5, usually 4, players available in the opposition box, against 9 defenders. It only needs one player to take the kick for Gods sake. More players in the box means more chances of winning the ball, simple. One more thing; why does Baldock have to drop deep when we are defending a corner or free kick. He wont win the ball and our only up field outlet is gone. Just more frustrations to add to the most boring city side I have ever watched. Rant over, I'll be there Tuesday hoping for improvement...please.

You do realise we'll probably score from a short corner and free kick routine on Tuesday !

Archived