IGNORED

Another Shot On Target Expected Before Thursday

Can I just take this opportunity to thank Sean and the boys for the many shots at the goal last night, including four directly at the goal, I believe, as opposed to the many more that went just to the side of the goal. Or miles over. And also, thank you to Russell and his boy for generously helping out with this too. Thank you, all!

well never put it on that first game thread.

but my first city game(66 I think) was a 2.0 win over leyton orient.

so I'm predicting two shots at goal,and a 2.0 win!!

Remember having my scarf nicked by an Orient fan, on the grass beside Winterstoke Road, around about 1973. I waited at the away turnstile last night to see if the lad showed up so I could get it back, but no one of his description was there. Bu88er.

Can I just take this opportunity to thank Sean and the boys for the many shots at the goal last night, including four directly at the goal, I believe, as opposed to the many more that went just to the side of the goal. Or miles over. And also, thank you to Russell and his boy for generously helping out with this too. Thank you, all!

Yes I made a comment in the match thread. Orient had 5 shots on goal, all were on target, I think we ended at 16 shots at goal (the OG wasn't counted) and only 5 were on target. Not a great percentage, but at least they were buying a ticket or two last night. Practice makes perfect as they say.

Yes I made a comment in the match thread. Orient had 5 shots on goal, all were on target, I think we ended at 16 shots at goal (the OG wasn't counted) and only 5 were on target. Not a great percentage, but at least they were buying a ticket or two last night. Practice makes perfect as they say.

Indeed. Small steps, eh?

But one of our players touched the ball in the opposition penalty box on 19 occasions. That is perhaps even better evidence of attacking play.

You will notice I had resorted to counting to pass the time last night with minimal expectations of entertaining football. Delighted to be so badly wrong.

Not rubbish practice, though

Archived