IGNORED

Sheff Utd Smoke Bombs

Libertine Dream

Can't see this mentioned anywhere on here yet so thought I would. Sheff utd fans managed to bring in 3 smokes today and let them off almost one after the other from where I was stood the fans (I assume it was the same group as it came from the same area) were not dealt with instead the police/stewards insisted on turning on city fans and filming them for absolutely nothing.

For the record I have no problem with flares / smoke bombs and think if used correctly can improve atmosphere. But I would love to see the reaction from the stewards/police/bouncers if 3 flares we're let off in the home side of the ee.

Aswell as this were the away fans not treated to the same stop and search that tactics that home fans are subjected to?

Rant over up the city

I think the point is the EE are regularly searched, double ticket checks, threatened with eviction for waving a flag (but then allowed two), yet the away support, not for the first time this season, can do what they like, when they like and yet still the stewards and police are facing the home end...turn around lads and stop punishing you're own.

If it was home fans they probably would have received lengthy bans

They no doubt will.

They were arrested according to cider head above, and the likely outcome is an automatic 3 year ban, just the same as our 2 misguided young fans at MKD.

They are horrible things if they happen to be set off right next to you. When people set them off at MK Dons it was right next to me at my feet, i could barely breathe and your throat absolutley kills and you can't stop coughing. Also it ruined my chino's and shoes which were all red due to the smoke going up over them. This all took at matter of seconds.

Now i'm 20 and all for fans having fun but imagine if i was an elderly gentleman with breathing diifculties or asthma, some serious damage could of been done.

These idiots should think about people around them. They dereserve everthing they get.

Don't get me wrong i'm all for improving atmosphere but it could be done in more constructive ways.

Archived