IGNORED

If You're Coming By Train From London/swindon...

Olé

You may not make it. Total power failure on the line, I've been sat on a train somewhere past Swindon en route from London for half an hour already (left London 1530) and train now reversing back to Swindon. City and Leyton O fans leaving London after work will struggle to make it.

Yep, the whole London-Bristol line has been at a standstill now for 45minutes - if you're not past Swindon already you won't be going to the game. Trains will be cancelled or in all the wrong places for the next 3 hours. I left London at 1530 and I'm not optimistic either.

Swindon playing away so you can't even drop in at The County Ground :whistle:

Every cloud.....

Now two hours on the train and not passed Swindon yet. Don't fancy I'll make it. As usual not one FGW person in sight with any idea. Where's NTTDS when you need him.

Train manager says nothing for 45minutes then comes up and takes the piss out of City when I tell him I'm trying to get to Ashton Gate and then back to London tonight. "You don't want to go there, save your money". This is what you get for your train ticket these days.

Could be worse Ole, I've just been diverted to Gloucester! Hopefully I'll make the second half if I make the connection. Good luck in your quest as I'm just unlucky as been up for work which unfortunately coincided with the game, but I think you make this journey all the time so it must be a right pain in the proverbial. Hope it's sorted by the time you go back too.

Be fair. If you'd have said the Memorial Stadium, he'd have said "where?"

He was a Bristolian so I think he was a Gashead. Train tracker is wrong - we're moving but slowly, ETA is past 7. Nearly 4 hour trip if this works out. You can guarantee the sort of performance tonight can't you.... :(

Could be worse Ole, I've just been diverted to Gloucester! Hopefully I'll make the second half if I make the connection. Good luck in your quest as I'm just unlucky as been up for work which unfortunately coincided with the game, but I think you make this journey all the time so it must be a right pain in the proverbial. Hope it's sorted by the time you go back too.

Cheers mate - no fix, but my train just picked up everyone else amassed at Swindon and is now being guided Swindon to Bristol without signals, nothing is fixed, whole line is suspended. Might just make KO. I should be more worried by my 2230 home.

They held the train until nearly 7 to load up with passengers, to hell with people who have been on for 3 and a half hours now. I've got to go back again, 6 hour round trip for a half of football.

Archived