IGNORED

Great Attitude From Parish

allyolly

Every player makes mistakes, it just that with keepers the consequences are often much worse. I'm sure the rest of the team knows this so they will give him support.

Anyway, as just about every other player has made a mistake this season that has cost City point(s), it was bound to be Parish's turn sooner or later.

• Admin

Adam Baker tweeted saying he requested post-match web interview to apologise to fans. Nice to see

Also apologised on Twitter. Blames himself for robbing us of the win. But if it hadn't gone 1-2 it wouldn't have restarted with a KO and would have been another game entirely. A game we might have lost.

Mistakes happen - he's stood up to be counted, so respect to him for that.  Just don't do it again!!!

I think it helps the recovery process for the player and the relationship with the fans if the player acknowledges his faults and holds his hands up.

For too long we've had players who didn't seem to give a toss .  Leadership is about responsibility - I'm sure most people will show patience if there's a couple of errors as long as the responsibility is there.  Too much in recent years we've seen mentally weak players making poor decisions/errors and not taking responsibility for their actions.

A good calming influence at the back and he made a great reaction save in the first-half. He's still young and all keepers make mistakes including the England number one but I think we have a decent keeper who will get better given his attitude plus he's the right height. Also, it's no coincidence that the back four look calmer since he's started.

I haven't seen the interview on player but saw his comments on Twitter. I know he wanted to say something but I hope it was just so he himself can draw a line and move on, I don't think he needed to apologise to the fans. He has done more good than bad and has been a key part in stabilising the defence and therefore the team. I'd hand him the gloves for the next game without any doubt.

fair play to him. Hope he plays at preston.

I don't. Regardless of the mistake he is absolutely awful.

Hoof hoof hoof. And on the odd occasion he does play a simple pass out he takes an hour getting it under control meaning the player he is passing to is no longer unmarked and has to give it straight back... Resulting in a... You guessed it. HOOOOF.

Absolutely no excuses for a modern goalkeeper not to be a competent footballer.

He's been very assured and mature about his game. Especially for someone who's inexperienced.

Nice to have confidence in the keeper. They'll make mistakes, but the reaction is importnant and he reacts in the most professional way.

Best goalie we've had since Basso, though both are non-compareable!

He's been very assured and mature about his game. Especially for someone who's inexperienced.

Nice to have confidence in the keeper. They'll make mistakes, but the reaction is importnant and he reacts in the most professional way.

Best goalie we've had since Basso, though both are non-compareable!

That's the worst shout I've ever seen.

Hoof hoof hoof. And on the odd occasion he does play a simple pass out he takes an hour getting it under control meaning the player he is passing to is no longer unmarked and has to give it straight back... Resulting in a... You guessed it. HOOOOF.

Have you seen Fielding?

This thread is about Parish.

At least Fielding makes the odd save and used the full backs once or twice.

Parish was atrocious last night, and has been a major reason why we play such a large amount of aimless hoofs.

Do not rate him at all.

I have more confidence with the ball at his feet than Fieldings.

I have more confidence with the ball at his feet than Fieldings.

I have confidence it will end up somewhere in their half for a few seconds, and that we will be facing another attack imminently.

Went with a neutral last night, his main opinion coming out of AG was how bad the keeper was citing his kicking over his mistake.

I'm a goalie myself (but not a football goalie) and play a pretty decent standard in my sport.

Goalkeeping is all about mental attitude and confidence. It's about relying on your own instincts and ability that has got you into the team in the first place. Overthinking and overcompensating just leads to more mistakes.

I sometimes make mistakes and they lead to a goal, I feel like I've let my team down. But the crucial thing is to put that mistake to the back of your mind, pick yourself up and be even more determined to defend your goal. Sounds like that's exactly what Parish is trying to do. It takes guts to come out and admit a mistake but it takes even more to forget about the mistakes and focus on the next game. Kudos to him for showing the right attitude.

As opposed to Fielding who always plays a good pass and hasn't cocked around near enough every game he's played.

In fact, quoting MOTD on Sunday, Peter Schmeichel even said his only priority when the ball came back to him was to get it as away from his goal as possible, and he wasn't bothered where. You've also implied that he is incapable of making a save which is rubbish.

Wonder if the Saints keeper apologised after his Cruyff turn demonstration at Arsenal on Saturday? Perhaps this is the downside of keepers being encouraged to use their feet more. Or just the downside of one individual with a slightly inflated opinion of his role and ability

Look at one of the best keepers in the League the Spurs keeper on Sunday, two terrible kicks which resulted in goals.

I'm a goalie myself (but not a football goalie) and play a pretty decent standard in my sport.

Goalkeeping is all about mental attitude and confidence. It's about relying on your own instincts and ability that has got you into the team in the first place. Overthinking and overcompensating just leads to more mistakes.

I sometimes make mistakes and they lead to a goal, I feel like I've let my team down. But the crucial thing is to put that mistake to the back of your mind, pick yourself up and be even more determined to defend your goal. Sounds like that's exactly what Parish is trying to do. It takes guts to come out and admit a mistake but it takes even more to forget about the mistakes and focus on the next game. Kudos to him for showing the right attitude.

We all know the old saying " the man who does n't make mistakes is ..."

well,Alex Ferguson

This thread is about Parish.

At least Fielding makes the odd save and used the full backs once or twice.

Parish was atrocious last night, and has been a major reason why we play such a large amount of aimless hoofs.

Do not rate him at all.

Parish is actually a good, composed kicker of the ball and uses full backs and centre backs. His long range passing is normally accurate too, aiming for JET whenever possible.

Parish is much more assured and the defenders are more confident in Parish - the truth is seen on the pitch.

Parish is actually a good, composed kicker of the ball and uses full backs and centre backs. His long range passing is normally accurate too, aiming for JET whenever possible.

Parish is much more assured and the defenders are more confident in Parish - the truth is seen on the pitch.

That's truly astounding.

How have you managed to make that up?

Parish is absolutely horrendous with the ball at his feet. Amongst the worst I've seen.

He's alright from crosses, minimal shot stopping and he's better at coming off his line than Fielding.

But, and this is the most important point, he is the MAIN REASON we play aimless long balls.

When our full backs drop in for a quick throw or pass he ushers them to go forward. When he kicks under the tiniest bit of pressure he doesn't find anyone. You praise him for kicking it near JET... Like he is good in the air or something? He takes two or three more touches to control a ball than he should, when he eventually gets it out of his feet and gives it short he has wasted so much time that the defender is no longer free, that defender is given no option but to give it back to whence it came and now Parish gets to do what he always does.

BOOOOOM! Have a go at heading a ball, Jay. It's not like we've got a midfield full of competent passers or anything, why bother getting them involved in the game.

Mutual sentiments with regards to your post - #13 in this thread.

Im pretty sure Jordan is on a wind up, anyone who's seen Parish will know his kicking is one of his stronger traits. If you except his every kick to land at one of our players feet you should probaly be watching premier league football.

Archived