IGNORED

Well If Thats What The Best Team Is In This League....

Cider red

Shows how poor it is! I was very disappointed by leyton orient, I thought they were distinctly average and we were the better team last night. It just goes to show we really shouldn't be where we are in this division, its full of awful teams. Bar wolves everyone else this season has looked mediocre, we just need to cut out our silly mistakes and we will be OK- but we should be doing better than that in this poor division. To be honest I will be surprised if orient are anywhere near the top 2 come the end of the season, I think they have probably peaked to early.

As for the game other than a mistake from parish, a header in the first half and our poor defending for their first, I didn't think we were really troubled at all. Our forward play was good at times just lacked the finishing touch, and we mixed it up when we had to not just tapping it around between the back four-which was an improvement from Saturday. We need a point at least from preston on Saturday now which will be a big ask, play like that without mistakes and we may just have a slight chance!

Shows how poor it is! I was very disappointed by leyton orient, I thought they were distinctly average and we were the better team last night. It just goes to show we really shouldn't be where we are in this division, its full of awful teams. Bar wolves everyone else this season has looked mediocre, we just need to cut out our silly mistakes and we will be OK- but we should be doing better than that in this poor division. To be honest I will be surprised if orient are anywhere near the top 2 come the end of the season, I think they have probably peaked to early.

As for the game other than a mistake from parish, a header in the first half and our poor defending for their first, I didn't think we were really troubled at all. Our forward play was good at times just lacked the finishing touch, and we mixed it up when we had to not just tapping it around between the back four-which was an improvement from Saturday. We need a point at least from preston on Saturday now which will be a big ask, play like that without mistakes and we may just have a slight chance!

Thought Orient were pretty good myself. They closed down quickly, ran into space and moved the ball well. When they attacked they got numbers forward very quickly. Can see why they're doing well but don't see them finishing above Wolves.

As for us, the change in formation helped, and I think that we would have won on Saturday had it been used against Sheffield United.

Still, IMO a big improvement for us - onward and upward.

We have shown we clearly have the ability this season to be up there in the top 6. With luck and time we will be there.

We have shown ability but lacked the strength to see games out from winning/drawing positions. We have actually lost 13 points from winning positions this season! We would be in the playoff spots had we seen out those games!

We have shown ability but lacked the strength to see games out from winning/drawing positions. We have actually lost 13 points from winning positions this season! We would be in the playoff spots had we seen out those games!

Which is a real positive, because that's the kind of thing that can be learnt, whereas ability is more fundamental.

So how poor have we been?

We couldn't beat them, however poor they may have been or not.

Personally, I thought they played with confidence, and belief. Commodities we lack.

I thought both of their goals summed up both of our seasons so far really. Their first strike was a great confident finish, if it had been another team it may have hit the post or Parish may have got a hand to it, but it was literally like their first attempt on goal and it was in, the 2nd was another mistake from City in which they capitalised on, nothing we could have done about. 
They looked very average, and had that look like they were to just turn up and win. If they were to play like they did against us and they go up, I fear for them massively. I rated their right winger and Mooney but I think he is just on a hot streak and appeared very arrogant.

Personally thought Shrewsbury were as good as them in the 1-1 draw in September.

I thought both of their goals summed up both of our seasons so far really. Their first strike was a great confident finish, if it had been another team it may have hit the post or Parish may have got a hand to it, but it was literally like their first attempt on goal and it was in, the 2nd was another mistake from City in which they capitalised on, nothing we could have done about. 

They looked very average, and had that look like they were to just turn up and win. If they were to play like they did against us and they go up, I fear for them massively. I rated their right winger and Mooney but I think he is just on a hot streak and appeared very arrogant.

Personally thought Shrewsbury were as good as them in the 1-1 draw in September.

It certainly wasn't their first attempt on goal. They had 2 in a minute just before goal.

It certainly wasn't their first attempt on goal. They had 2 in a minute just before goal.

The header and yeah they did go close before. They were both very soft attempts if I recall mind, what I meant was that Mooney who has scored most of their goals this season had his first shot on goal and it was in, I didn't think Leyton Orient were that good, just more confident than what we were, if Baldock had shot like that it would have hit the post aswell, we just haven't had the luck, also!

Due to mistakes/ points dropped in the last 15 of games!

We've drawn 9 games, most of them we should have won.

Port Vale, Bradford, Orient, Tranmere and Oldham are all from the top of my head. Things could be so rosy right now if we look at it, hindsight eh, it's a wonderful thing.

odubajo was pretty good. reminded me a little of adomah with his direct play. Were missing someone like that with flair and pace who will contantly drive at the defense and take them on.

HJet does that to a certain extent but is more of a hold the ball up player. If we had adomah and jet either side of baldock, we would storm the league

This is not a recent development over the past 5 years in general BCFC have reserved their best performances for top 6 sides, could be an attitude thing?.

Agree EMB. It is as though, since the play off season we have somehow become a "big team" and I think that many fans think this as well. How many times do I read that " we should be beating teams like this"

Archived