IGNORED

Bring In Tisdale

Dynamite Red

No long ball merchants or dinasours, I am sick of short term solutions. The 5 pillars is the right way to go for our club. We need a manager who believes in youth and plays football the right way but we have to be realistic who we could attract.

Tisdale has performed minor miracles at Exeter and Team Bath, he has had to work with budgets less than many conference teams and I am sure we would interest him.

No long ball merchants or dinasours, I am sick of short term solutions. The 5 pillars is the right way to go for our club. We need a manager who believes in youth and plays football the right way but we have to be realistic who we could attract.

Tisdale has performed minor miracles at Exeter and Team Bath, he has had to work with budgets less than many conference teams and I am sure we would interest him.

Hoskins said on RB he reckons he'll be favourite. Wonder if he has heard something.

Tisdale would fit the five pillars philosophy,  maintain and develop a good team spirit and bring a bit of fun back to the Club.   The board plus SL have been very analytical in their last two selection processes and it hasn't worked and they need to get this appointment right.   

As I've said previously I would be very surprised if Tisdale came - I live in Exeter and he has carte blanche there and the complete faith of the board (even after a relegation),as well as having been given a number of years to build a side (and club). Yes he lives in Bristol and played for us briefly, but why would he leave the completely supportive environment he works in to move to the basket case that is our club (and board)? Remember he has already turned down Swansea and Southampton who were both in far better positions than us at the time.

Would still be very happy if it happens mind.

As I've said previously I would be very surprised if Tisdale came - I live in Exeter and he has carte blanche there and the complete faith of the board (even after a relegation),as well as having been given a number of years to build a side (and club). Yes he lives in Bristol and played for us briefly, but why would he leave the completely supportive environment he works in to move to the basket case that is our club (and board)? Remember he has already turned down Swansea and Southampton who were both in far better positions than us at the time.

Would still be very happy if it happens mind.

He would need reassurances from the board but he is by far the best fit for our plans and an up and coming manager rather than some of the has beens on the managerial circuit.  Hopefully the draw of our potential would entice him to leave Exeter.

As I've said previously I would be very surprised if Tisdale came - Yes he lives in Bristol and played for us briefly, but why would he leave the completely supportive environment he works in to move to the basket case that is our club (and board)? Remember he has already turned down Swansea and Southampton who were both in far better positions than us at the .

Not disputing it but are you sure he lives in Bristol?

He's from Bath originally but I thought he'd moved down to Devon some years ago.

Just had a peek at the Exeter City forum and some on there seem to want Tisdale out ASAP! Looks like Exeter have been on a pretty dreadful run as of late too. 

ECFC suffer from slight delusions of grandeur, IMO, like us. Their home form over the last year is patchy which may have contributed to some comments, but there are alot of fans down here who recognise what he has done and the constraints he worked under. Only last season he had his budget cut again, for example, and up until a month or so ago they were still in the top 3.

Agree with this. He's been my favourite for the last 3 appointments and considering where we are and where he is in his career, he's perfect for us. 

Would love it to happen but feel if the board were interested then they would have sounded him out at least on the previous 2 occasions. 

We'll see. I can see why SOD got the boot but Im not happy with it and the timing seems insane given our recent run/performances. Progress has clearly been made. And it was so nice having a manager that talked about football tactics and misconceptions rather than bleat out uninspiring platitudes to placate fans ("the season starts here"; "20 Cup Finals to go"; "We was robbed by the ref"; "We just gotta get it to our wingers in space") Maybe something has gone on behind the scenes that we dont know about yet as to get sacked after outplaying the league leaders seems odd. But we move on. 

We're in the situation we are in, I'll support anyone but for me Tisdale couldn't really have done much more with his managerial career thus far. He fits the self-sufficiency plan, he's a young manager, he talks well and his results are excellent. 

So fingers crossed but I cant see it. I have a feeling Holloway is already lined up and Im fairly sure he'd take the job. Im not 100% that Tisdale would want it for the reasons stated by the person in Exeter above.

I honestly cant understand people saying "Noooooo" to Tisdale as if its an obviously terrible appointment. Why? He's done everything he could have done in his career with the teams he has had. 

Tisdale in. 

I dont get this Paul Tisdale thing

What has he done ? People have been harping on about him for years and yet i havent witnessed anyone above Exeter trying to poach him

Four promotions with Team Bath, 2 with Exeter. Shoestring budget the whole way and his teams play grounded football. He often has to sell and I think in all his time at Exeter he has spent less than 50k and Im pretty sure all that was just on one player. That's pretty impressive, no?

Re no one trying to poach him - he has remained loyal to Exeter so Im not sure it is true that no one has tried to recruit him. But also, we surely shouldnt use number of times someone has been approached for other jobs as a barometer because if everyone did that, no one would ever get a job as they could only look at someone someone else had already looked at.. At some point, some team has to be the one to take a chance on a promising manager (with results with 2 different squads crucially!) and give them a chance. I dont think Premiership clubs should be recruiting directly from League 2 but I certainly think its acceptable for a L1 club to be looking at the more talented managers in L2 for a job. 

He's done as well as he could with his two jobs so far so deserves a step up the ladder and like it or not that is exactly where we are right now - 1 step up from L2. 

Four promotions with Team Bath, 2 with Exeter. Shoestring budget the whole way and his teams play grounded football. He often has to sell and I think in all his time at Exeter he has spent less than 50k.

Apart from that what have the romans ever done for us. Seriously what else do people want, best man for the job.

Archived