IGNORED

Was It Sod Negative Tactics ?

sh1t_ref_again

Up to last Saturday I had backed and been convinced SOD would turn it around and we would be OK, but after the game against the blades who were the worse team I have seen in a long time I was starting to lose faith. (Improved optimism against Orient)

My point, is we have started to become very negative and too concerned about keeping a clean sheet, where as I and a lot of people I spoken to, think the real problem was up front. We effectively played 1 up front and did not really attack a side at the bottom of the table with possible less confidence than us.

I was also surprised at talk of another defender coming in (not just Osborne), so perhaps the board got feed up of the negative view or certainly seen things differently to SOD post Sheffield.

I don't think I ever saw a pre-match interview where he talked up OUR chance of winning. Every team we faced would be difficult or a tight affair !

You kind of hope he was different in the dressing room, but the obsession with trying to win 1-0 was tedious. It just meant when we conceded (as we often do ) the plan is buggered !

Archived