IGNORED

Do We Actually Need A Manager/ Head Coach?

Not much agreement on who is the right chap to take over from SOD, so what are the chances of anyone being much cop? We pay them a fortune, money we don't really have, even when they do a poor job. And to clear off.

I like SOD's idea of questioning why we always do things in football, just because they've always been done. So, why bring another bloke in, when the likelihood of them being much use is very low?

We could have managed 2 wins and being in the relegation zone without SOd or anyone. What is the point of these guys? Save the wages and spend them on more players.

If Spain can make do without a centre forward,......?

Love the idea! Didn't SOD say once he let the players decide who takes corners, throws etc. take that a stage further: they pick the team, decide who plays where. And the players on the bench could double up with a bit of arm waving and a using the fourth official. I think you might be onto something.

Save a few bob, too.

Perhaps having a "guest" head coach, for particular opponents, like Radio 4 have "guest" editors at Christmas (PJ Harvey this year, one of them). Maybe give out of work coaches a week's rolling contract and see how they go. Can we do much worse like this?

Save a few bob, too.

Perhaps having a "guest" head coach, for particular opponents, like Radio 4 have "guest" editors at Christmas (PJ Harvey this year, one of them). Maybe give out of work coaches a week's rolling contract and see how they go. Can we do much worse like this?

I thought that's what we'd been doing the last 4 years!

I thought that's what we'd been doing the last 4 years!

Withering sarcasm and cynicism, sir, even fancy - dan, continental Italian cynicism, will get us nowhere. However, it might get you a slot on one of the handful of City fanzines or blogs knocking around. You might think of applying. Excellent stuff!

Save a few bob, too.

PJ Harvey would be excellent - well at least the music we come out would be if she picks her own. Other obvious contenders: Massive Attack, but please no ******* wurzels!

PJ Harvey would be excellent - well at least the music we come out would be if she picks her own. Other obvious contenders: Massive Attack, but please no ******* wurzels!

No? They made it to the top, when you had to sell shed loads, barn loads, of records, to get anywhere near the top. Success breeds er, success. And one or two other things, here in Somerset. That Pete Budd, he's got a winning philosophy for life, sir, not just for football. That Massieve Attamack, work shy west country bumpkins-pull your fingers out lads, and knock out another top notch song with someone else's top notch singer! Like that Pete Budd....

No? They made it to the top, when you had to sell shed loads, barn loads, of records, to get anywhere near the top. Success breeds er, success. And one or two other things, here in Somerset. That Pete Budd, he's got a winning philosophy for life, sir, not just for football. That Massieve Attamack, work shy west country bumpkins-pull your fingers out lads, and knock out another top notch song with someone else's top notch singer! Like that Pete Budd....

With respect Mr Q, alot of people sold alot of records at that time, and alot of them were rubbish too. Mind you I retain a soft spot for 'I hate JR'. This Budd bloke, any relation of that trainer dodger who ran for us in the eighties?

With respect Mr Q, alot of people sold alot of records at that time, and alot of them were rubbish too. Mind you I retain a soft spot for 'I hate JR'. This Budd bloke, any relation of that trainer dodger who ran for us in the eighties?

If it was that easy, "steveybadge" we'd all be doing it. Even those lazy massieve artack boys. EVERYTHING in the 70s was better than now, even the bloody Rovers. Next you'll be telling me my favourite, Kelly Marie (who does a fine job on here, might add. Mostly ignoring my "advances" sadly) was rubbish too. Then we will be properly falling out, you and me, Mr Badge.

The 80s? Where to begin on the 80s? Modesty forbids, but if you'd like .....

Well I was gonna suggest you do it, Les. Don't know about the football but the press conferences would be interesting.

Another idea is to let individual supporters have a go. Keep the same one in until they lose a game then pass the baton to the next. It'd be series after series of honeymoon periods.

If it was that easy, "steveybadge" we'd all be doing it. Even those lazy massieve artack boys. EVERYTHING in the 70s was better than now, even the bloody Rovers. Next you'll be telling me my favourite, Kelly Marie (who does a fine job on here, might add. Mostly ignoring my "advances" sadly) was rubbish too. Then we will be properly falling out, you and me, Mr Badge.

The 80s? Where to begin on the 80s? Modesty forbids, but if you'd like .....

Had a little hot flush then at the thought of Kelly Marie, although nothing beats Debbie Harry in the Heart of Glass video.

This has got me thinking. The way we played on Saturday we could also do without a striker. On Tuesdays night showing we possibly could do without a goalkeeper as well. Just imagine, no manager, no strikers and no goalkeeper. We could just pass the ball about from side to side and backwards and forwards. Think of the money we could save and would we be any lower in the league than we are now?  

Had a little hot flush then at the thought of Kelly Marie, although nothing beats Debbie Harry in the Heart of Glass video.

"My knees shake, my heart beats like a drum" still to this day with those two...

Now, what about Masstiff Attack, featuring Miss Kelly Marie? That is a winner (if any of us lot could spot a winner anymore...)

This has got me thinking. The way we played on Saturday we could also do without a striker. On Tuesdays night showing we possibly could do without a goalkeeper as well. Just imagine, no manager, no strikers and no goalkeeper. We could just pass the ball about from side to side and backwards and forwards. Think of the money we could save and would we be any lower in the league than we are now?

"Swank," you're onto something there. What else can we do away with?

"Swank," you're onto something there. What else can we do away with?

I remember a Spitting Image annual years back with a cartoon strip in which an administrator took over the running of a club, sold all the players, the ground, formed a new company and the fans eventually just cheered on the share price on the stock exchange. This can't be any worse than watching the footy at the mo, surely?

Archived