IGNORED

Martin Rennie

WayOutWest

I am writing this with some trepidation.  Firstly another scottish manager.  Secondly an ex MLS manager who has no experience of managing in England.

However, I saw him take an under achieving Vancouver Whitecaps team to the MLS playoffs 2012.  He is a good manager.

I know what your thinking, MLS is shite etc etc.  But he has experience with setting tatics against Terry Henry and Beckham too name only two.  The MLS despite what you think is a decent league, with some very decent players.

He is young, out of work and would fit nicely into the 5 pillar ethos.

Standing by with my tin hat

But I would prefer to take Martin Rennie over some of the other names mentioned on here.

Stevo

I was surprised when he was sacked by the Whitecaps.  They were playing some dire football.  He got them by the scuff of their necks and turned them around.

Of course there are massive differences between the MLS and league one.  Better players in the MLS (Ha ha).

He is good with the media and well, if your looking for the next big young manager.  He might just fit the bill.

Stevo

This would be taking yet ANOTHER step backwards.

Ok, as I started this this thread I feel I need to defend it a little.

We have had league experinced managers - Fail

We have recruited from within - Fail

Some of the names linked with us - Not a fail, but hardly inspiring.

I read on here we are looking for the next big young manager like Roberto Martinez, Brendon Rodgers.  I think Rennie ticks many of those boxes.

This wouldnt be a step backwards.  It might just work.

Steve

One major disadvantage - no experience of league 1. City haven't got the luxury of time to let a manager develop. We need a manager who has experience of league 1 and can hit the ground running from day one.

One major disadvantage - no experience of league 1. City haven't got the luxury of time to let a manager develop. We need a manager who has experience of league 1 and can hit the ground running from day one.

Dead right there squire so let me see now.. knows league 1, knows the players, is available and could definitely hit the ground running... there is ONLY one candidate...

Sean O'Driscoll.

Get him in.

Archived