IGNORED

Least Appealing Job In Football?

Robin101

I can understand SODs sacking, though I don't agree with it.

But what worries and annoys me about the sacking can only be seen through context. We change managers every six months. I can't see a manager currently doing well in a job taking a risk to join us anymore! For example, would McInnes have joined us if we were in this situation? No.

The quality of manager we can attract is now sorely diminished. I imagine we will only be able to attract the jobless, and there is a reason these managers are jobless.I fear there may be no end to the merry go round of managers.

Lowest profile job in football...that's for sure. We're not even on the front page of BBC football. Chester and Crawley are!

How low can we go?

Not even main story on the Bristol City BBC page!

The 3 loans to Cheltenham are because it includes one of our youth players!

I can understand SODs sacking, though I don't agree with it.

But what worries and annoys me about the sacking can only be seen through context. We change managers every six months. I can't see a manager currently doing well in a job taking a risk to join us anymore! For example, would McInnes have joined us if we were in this situation? No.

The quality of manager we can attract is now sorely diminished. I imagine we will only be able to attract the jobless, and there is a reason these managers are jobless.I fear there may be no end to the merry go round of managers.

It's really not that bad - and perfectly understandable as we've been flirting with relegation for the last three years.

Over the last 5 years, the average tenure for a League One manager has been 1.35 years.

Our last three permanent managers have had 14 months (Keef), 15 months (DMC) and 10.5 months (SO'D). A bit below average, but then we have been struggling all that time.

Unlike other clubs, our recent managers have been sacked when we've faced a real threat of relegation.

Archived