IGNORED

Gutted

Aizoon

Yesterday I felt that we had turned the corner. Now I believe that we're utterly fracked. Relegation and meltdown to follow :(

Ah well, time to sign off and do my weekly backup...

Yep, I felt we weren't broken as a team.... We just hadn't clicked.... I honestly think things were just starting to come together!

I feel a bit upset about the whole thing.

I was depressed after Tuesday because our season was going so badly but was there was also a bit of hope in there after we saw a much improved performance and had only lost 1 of the last 7.

I find it a very odd time to sack SOD - after the Brentford game might have made sense but not now.

I think we were turning a corner but I'm also conscious of the indomitable spirit of the English and that we love the backs to the wall mentality and perhaps we were somehow being driven by the low.

There's no mistaking that S'OD stats as manager are awful. I'm sad as it was yet another era that promised so much but delivered nothing. An era I might add that is driven by the current board.

Im gutted every time we lose, it lasts for about 45 minutes and then I forget it, Its just football.

Im sure each and every one on this forum have far more worries in their lifes, if they dont they are either very lucky, in denial or a hermit.

I too felt like this but to be honest, this decision takes the biscuit. Alright results have been pretty damn woeful so far but the whole 1 loss in 6 (or even 7) showed me that we had began to turn the corner. This felt like suddenly, i was getting an almost pleasurable return on the investment I have put into this club since SOD took over. I accepted that we were probably down last season but felt that, given time O'Driscoll was the right manager.

It' boiled down to, the club have treated me like a customer so along with being a fan, the money I''ve shoveled in feels more like a business investment, my enjoyment has had a price put on it and I was willing to wait having listened to and read the bulk of what Sean spoke about.

So, going back to your point, if I spend 5% of what I earn a week on going to football, it's probably more but the exact numbers are meaningless, I don't feel like a saddo thinking/worrying about it for part of my free time at least.

Strange timing I agree. It's a gamble though: I don't think relegation is guaranteed by any shout nor do I think success was "bound to come" under SOD.

What I'd now say to the true believers is what they continually said to us doubters in the SOD reign - GET BEHIND THE TEAM.

Show some support and give the new guy a chance, whoever it is. It's our team. Our support. Only time will tell if the board made a grave error or not.

Never have I felt so distanced from the club than I do today.

Any subsequent appoint will be completely underwhelming. After the positive news regarding the stadium yesterday (although personally I was even annoyed at that as I'd far prefer Ashton Vale) it seems as if the board were wondering how they could get the perpetual negative vibe back amongst the club/support. Well congratulations, they've been successful.

I'm more convinced than ever that we will be getting relegated.

Archived