IGNORED

It's Stuart Pearce

Rich_s

My best mate is a Man City fan. His thoughts on Pearce were always been that he's a nice bloke, loves the game and is clearly very passionate and committed to his job, but is utterly, utterly clueless when it comes to tactics and style of play.

Still, as long as he shouts a lot that'll probably do just fine for some on here.

It won't be Pearce. More chance of seeing Sir Alex being given the job!

The board must be very aware of the managerial errors made over the last few years at this club, although I don't think post Johnson that is a very fair observation. Nevertheless, they will think very deep and hard in drawing up their short list.

Anyway - this clubs supporters are very divided about what went on over the last few years - I would guess Millen was probably the only managerial appointment made which did not have the majority of the fan base support. It seemed to be a universal celebration when Coppell came to City. A good percentage were most likely pleased with Mcinnes' appointment, split relatively even when SOD was given the job, and likewise on his sacking. Too much vitriol levelled at the board. All I have read on this forum is abuse given to the board for not acting sooner on giving SOD the push. And too much abuse to the board now that they have. 

I was a SOD "supporter" of sorts. I wanted him to do well, not for him personally, but for the success of the club. But even I felt a week or two ago that it had gone on for too long. OK, a couple of reasonable results over the last week or two, but then would it have been a couple or three poor results over the next few weeks? And so on. SOD was rather inconsistent as a manager in terms of results, and not just at BCFC.

Pearce is a likeable character and certainly meets the 'passion' criteria that Jon Lansdown has mentioned several times.  Obviously his connections with England under 21's would go down well with helping the academy and bringing in young players.  Unfortunately, there is that small 'success factor' matter or rather lack of it.

His win rate is distorted by his time with England under 21's where they played a lot of games against opposition they were expected to beat and his win ratio was 51%.  Strip that out and for two clubs with good resources (Nottingham Forest and Manchester City) and it's down to about 31%.  At club level he has had opportunities with decent resources and had a disappointing time.

My best mate is a Man City fan. His thoughts on Pearce were always been that he's a nice bloke, loves the game and is clearly very passionate and committed to his job, but is utterly, utterly clueless when it comes to tactics and style of play.

Still, as long as he shouts a lot that'll probably do just fine for some on here.

He has to wave his arms a lot, too :sub:  Just the man for that.

Pearce is a likeable character and certainly meets the 'passion' criteria that Jon Lansdown has mentioned several times.  Obviously his connections with England under 21's would go down well with helping the academy and bringing in young players.  Unfortunately, there is that small 'success factor' matter or rather lack of it.

His win rate is distorted by his time with England under 21's where they played a lot of games against opposition they were expected to beat and his win ratio was 51%.  Strip that out and for two clubs with good resources (Nottingham Forest and Manchester City) and it's down to about 31%.  At club level he has had opportunities with decent resources and had a disappointing time.

I don't think I'll go if Pearce is put in charge. I'm still scared sh1tless from the couple of times I saw him play for Forest against city in the Littlewoods cup. Easily the most physically intimidating player I ever saw.

I don't think I'll go if Pearce is put in charge. I'm still scared sh1tless from the couple of times I saw him play for Forest against city in the Littlewoods cup. Easily the most physically intimidating player I ever saw.

Never saw Thresher, Gow or Hunter, then?

Stuart Pearce put David James up front, cuz it was the last game of the season and they were safe of relegation and nothing to play for, bit of fun

Tho during his first spell as a manager during a caretaker spell at Florist, he did his team, showed his mrs noticed he hadn't selected a keeper

Safe if relegation? Only just, considering a win would have qualified then for europe

Archived