IGNORED

Message For Sod..

Swindon8er

I understand the sacking of SOD but not sure of the timing, as we got a decent result against a good Leyton Orient team, who look odds on to go up. The new manager will need time too, which we don't have so I wonder if all the fans will be patient? The Board have to appoint the right man, I worry they may chose Steve Coterill and I personally don't think he's the right man for the job. 

I doubt it Phil, as according to some "football experts" on here, SOD was the only person who could effect success here and there is no-one else available who is any good.

I'm sure the guy reads this after a few comments during his time here, just wanted to say thanks for the effort, turning upto Q and A's etc.

Most of us are disgusted, embarrassed and ashamed at today's decision and know eventually you would have got it right.

Best of luck in the future.

How do you know " most are disgusted"? Talking out your ass.

I'm not disgusted - guess that puts me in the "lowlife scum" camp then.

Results were terrible and people seemed to have forgotten the criticism Sod was getting over the tactic of lumping balls up to a lone shorthouse striker. Please let's have someone who will send our team out on the pitch and attack instead of being frightened of the opposition.

As for a message to Sod - thanks for your efforts good luck in the future.

People are talking like sod wasnt given enough time to turn things around. Well he has been here for nearly a year now (doesnt time fly!?). He's had two transfer windows in which he's signed plenty of his own players and had a whole summer to shape the team to suit his own footballing philosophy.... And this the outcome. This is his work, the team that he's built, this is the style of football we are playing and these are the results his team are capable of getting. Satisfactory? No, of course not. Any sign that things are improving? Nope.

Sure, he hasnt been backed financially like other managers have but for league 1 level our budget must be one of the biggest.

No brainer for me... The correct decision has been made. Thanks for trying though, and all the best for the future sod!!!

Sack of shite?

Have you ever met So'd, or are you drawing that conclusion from the way he conducts post match interviews?

You are entitled to your opinion about his management style and by all means express it, but you certainly can't go round giving him personal insults on a forum when you've never met the guy. 

mate just  a quicky...i wouldnt want and dont want to meet the bloke,if we left it much later and where still in the bottom three blokes like you and other  ones like you would be crying in youre shandy..we should have got rid earlier bla bla bla,when its to late..i say good riddens and a least it gives the new manager a bit of time to sort the mess out....ps ive never met you,i dont want to either... ;)  

mate just  a quicky...i wouldnt want and dont want to meet the bloke,if we left it much later and where still in the bottom three blokes like you and other  ones like you would be crying in youre shandy..we should have got rid earlier bla bla bla,when its to late..i say good riddens and a least it gives the new manager a bit of time to sort the mess out....ps ive never met you,i dont want to either... ;)

I would like to meet everyone on here. How about Ashton Gate, next home game??

My message is one of thanks.

Thank you for taking on a different approach and trying to implement a strategy that has been needed at this club for yonks. He was always honest and accessible to fans and spoke well in the media. I thank him for trying to educate everyone but it was a thankless task with many.

As soon as results turned and because he wasn't a 'larger than life' character, this day was always going to come unfortunately.

It is results based of course but I would like to thank him for his honesty and endeavour. I am sure he will be a success somewhere else. Even though he didn't get the results we wanted I will always remember him with respect, unlike a few of our recent managers.

Good luck.

Archived