IGNORED

Who Would Have The Best "approval Rating"?

Tom Fleuriot

What do you want?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With apologies to Robin 101 (and your sterling effort), I think that slightly the wrong question is being asked.  

The question to my mind is: which manager will not divide the fans?  I think there has been a real issue previously as to half of the fans being actively against (or at least sceptical about) a manager from the very start.

I see that on Robin101's poll, Warnock is the overwhelming favourite.  I've had four mates text me today saying that they'd hand in their season ticket if he was appointed manager.  I can't see someone like that working for City unless we have true promotion form pretty much from the start.

So I'm interested to see, if you'll all indulge me, what each manager's "approval rating" would be.  Basically: Optimism minus pessimism.  If you're neutral about a manager, just don't tick either box.

I recognise however that this poll is a bit of a monster, so people may not fill it out.

Mods, if there's anyway of making the layout tidier, that would be great.  I suspect there isn't though...

I'll get the ball rolling.

Over use of the voting system I feel dizzy :blink:

Yeah, sorry.

I'm hoping the Mods can take it off percentages, and make the layout a bit nicer.  Ideally there'd be a little bar chart showing the positive and negative side by side.  But probably too complex.  

I'll make some pretty graphs if more than a hundred or so people vote.

• Admin

We're clearly not making a quick appointment (unless the board's preferred choice - not even mentioned in your poll - says yes I guess) but I think in a week or so we will have a clearer idea of the leading candidates. Once that happens you can do a poll of each candidate of the form "Would Neil Warnock being appointed make you: a) happy b) unhappy c) no strong feeling" 

Would be easier to judge the potential divide then. At the moment having all the candidates in one question just dilutes the percentages too much. For example at the time of writing this reply, 7% of votes would find appointing Cotterell a pessimism inducing move but actually (at least) 13 out of 18 respondents (72%) would have put "unhappy" if asked specifically about him.

We're clearly not making a quick appointment (unless the board's preferred choice - not even mentioned in your poll - says yes I guess) but I think in a week or so we will have a clearer idea of the leading candidates. Once that happens you can do a poll of each candidate of the form "Would Neil Warnock being appointed make you: a) happy b) unhappy c) no strong feeling" 

Would be easier to judge the potential divide then. At the moment having all the candidates in one question just dilutes the percentages too much. For example at the time of writing this reply, 7% of votes would find appointing Cotterell a pessimism inducing move but actually (at least) 13 out of 18 respondents (72%) would have put "unhappy" if asked specifically about him.

Yeah, I agree - didn't want to flood the board with polls and there were A LOT of names being bandied about, but that's certainly the percentage one would want to see.  My plan was to slap everything in Excel after a decent amount of votes.

Who's the board's preferred choice?

Crikey! This poll contains more questions than my annual tax return.  :read:

Got too much for me after Q1

Yeah, I think it's my own personal homage to O'Driscoll.  Felt like a really good idea, not executed particularly well, looks worse the longer it goes on.

Ian M, don't suppose it's possible to split Q1, Q2, Q7 and Q8 from the manager questions (i.e. two threads) without losing peoples' votes, then have a re-think about the manager questions?  

• Admin

Yeah, I think it's my own personal homage to O'Driscoll.  Felt like a really good idea, not executed particularly well, looks worse the longer it goes on.

Ian M, don't suppose it's possible to split Q1, Q2, Q7 and Q8 from the manager questions (i.e. two threads) without losing peoples' votes, then have a re-think about the manager questions?  

Not possible.

Allow it to run for a while the reduce it to a top 10 choices on another thread?

Not possible.

Allow it to run for a while the reduce it to a top 10 choices on another thread?

All good.  I'll see where it gets to - can produce a decent graphic in here once done.  If we're still dangling in a week, make something a little more intelligent.  Cheers for adding the SP question.

Archived