IGNORED

Underwhelmed By Candidates

old_eastender

Must say looking at latest odds of those better than 33/1 only Rosler, Edinburgh & Warnock would I feel happy about.

Cotterill - Did great at Cheltenham but since has hardly had success at any other club

Barker - Crawley were 2nd worst side I've seen this season

Tisdale - Seems to fit the bill, but Exeter fans seem all too pleased at the prospect of him going

Appleton - Had 3 manager jobs, none have bought success

Brown - Really, tango man, no thanks

Saunders - No way, got his last club relegated.

Megson - Solid, maybe could be OK

Holloway - Good mgr, but his heart would never be in it.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/bristol-city/next-permanent-manager

One or two Exeter keyboard warriors may want Tisdale to go but I doubt that they are reflective of the majority view.

Reading just about any of the threads started on OTIB in the last 24 hours will demonstrate that there is no single candidate with unanimous support. Likewise, especially in the lower leagues, all managers polarise opinion.

Cotterill, Barker, Tisdale and Dean Saunders the first 4 in the betting shows how shit a club we have become. We will be relegated under any of those and I pray the board are looking nowhere near any of them.

Who are you expecting? Tisdale is a very respectable manager, he could easily do a good job here.. the rest are to be desired too but your expectations are too high

Lets face it, we just don't know. The last 2 appointments I would say a large majority of us were very happy and excited about progress under them. Both have disappointed.

So even if we appoint someone who doesn't float your boat it doesn't mean they won't succeed. It's nearly impossible to gage. There are very very few managers who can go from club to club and be successful everytime. 

Must say looking at latest odds of those better than 33/1 only Rosler, Edinburgh & Warnock would I feel happy about.

Cotterill - Did great at Cheltenham but since has hardly had success at any other club

Barker - Crawley were 2nd worst side I've seen this season

Tisdale - Seems to fit the bill, but Exeter fans seem all too pleased at the prospect of him going

Appleton - Had 3 manager jobs, none have bought success

Brown - Really, tango man, no thanks

Saunders - No way, got his last club relegated.

Megson - Solid, maybe could be OK

Holloway - Good mgr, but his heart would never be in it.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/bristol-city/next-permanent-manager

Those are a list of names bookmakers have thrown together. The "candidates" may actually be totally different.

Lee Johnson, Paul Hartley, Danny Wilson or Mark Robbins would all be a lot better options.

LJ - would be mad, given our history

Hartley - gets the bends if he goes this far south

Danny Wilson - I seem to recall a lot of fans were glad to see him go first time around?

Mark Robins - my choice at the time of DelMac's appointment

But I'd rather someone unexpected.  Unexpectedly brilliant, that is...

Danny Wilson - I seem to recall a lot of fans were glad to see him go first time around?

But I'd rather someone unexpected. Unexpectedly brilliant, that is...

Iain Baird! :-)

But I'd rather someone unexpected.  Unexpectedly brilliant, that is...

:thumbsup:

Archived