IGNORED

Would You Welcome Someone Totally Out The Blue?

westred1

Warnock or Holloway for me.

All the others don't impress.

Two managers with poor recent records that suggest they've grown weary of management.  The Warnock who managed Leeds was not the Warnock who first took over at QPR and the Holloway's looked exhausted and out of love with the game since he came down with Blackpool.  I fear either would be an utter folly.

Either would be better than the boring pillock we just got rid of.

I very much doubt they would be.  Warnock seems to have lost his appetite whilst Holloway clearly isn't in the right frame of mind to manage anyone at the moment.  We can't just go on people's records from three or four years ago and ignore what's happened since.

I keep looking at Sean Dyche and wondering how he has discovered the secret formula for success at Burnley.  I would have never expected him to become a manager, let alone succeed in the fashion he is.

Oh, why couldn't old Keith have turned out the same way?

So, in answer to the question, someone out of the blue... completely unexpected and not previously mentioned would be fine, as long as they also knew the Sean Dyche secret!

(What's Shaun Taylor doing these days?)

I wonder how many people on this forum would've been mortified if Dyche had been offered the City job, prior to his Watford appointment?

Well, would you?

Middlesbrough appointed Aitor Karanka which was pretty surprising to most and even though he's worked as Mourinho's number 2, he hasn't had a job in management before.

Are there any foreign football admirers on here that could think of anyone of that mould?

I'm a foreign football admirer, and if I had a choice I'd have a word with Andreas Alm.

Not gonna happen though.

Sticking on foreign soil, but a man from these shores, how about Stuart Baxter.

I'm a foreign football admirer, and if I had a choice I'd have a word with Andreas Alm.

Not gonna happen though.

Sticking on foreign soil, but a man from these shores, how about Stuart Baxter.

Mentioned many times in the past, and for some reason never ventured back here.  i wonder if he in his own mind thinks he can manager here?  or maybe enjoys the way of life and football there too much to come back.  I mean South Africa is a nice country.

Mentioned many times in the past, and for some reason never ventured back here.  i wonder if he in his own mind thinks he can manager here?  or maybe enjoys the way of life and football there too much to come back.  I mean South Africa is a nice country.

Yes, he's certainly hugely respected in the game, but does seem to have made a nice home for himself in Scandinavia (albeit he's working in S.Africa at present!)

A friend of mine lives in Sweden and saw him a few months ago at a lower division fixture on the outskirts of Stockholm.  Had a chat with him and concluded what a thoroughly bloody top bloke he was, with football in his veins.

Or Gary White

He certainly has the credentials to see through the longer term strategy of youth player development.

Archived