IGNORED

Truce?

PFree

After everything we have been through recently, whatever decision the board makes, might it be possible that we actually come back together as a collective force? Whoever they appoint will give it their best and I for one just want to start enjoying going to the Gate again?

We've been significantly divided under SOD and for me it's time to get back together and become one again.

We have a 27,000 seat revamped stadium to look forward to and with a couple of wins behind us, we can hopefully pull away from the relegation zone and build postively once again?

Whether it's a return to a target man and longer ball, more direct football, I really don't care, I just want a Manager with passion who cares deeply for the same thing as us? Together, we are much stronger and we very much need a passionate Manager whom we all now get behind?

I'm not a happy clappy type but I am fed up with prolonged negativity - lets stop the blame culture and get behind what matters most, OUR CLUB.

COYR!!!

It's an interesting point. Who would pull the fans together? I see no candidate. A part of me want somebody with no history or baggage . The only person who really fits that requirement is Carlos Anton. A mate and myself just got through four pints of thatchers and we reached zero conclusion on who of the touted names was a good fit. I've never been more sure that I know nothing !

Not if he gets results and that includes Pemberton, I suspect he must see this as a possible opportunity, if the process of finding the new guy takes long enough.

Some choices would be unacceptable to a sizeable minority of supporters, regardless of results, and three of those are front runners, at least in the eyes of OTIB posters.

I give you Warnock, Di Canio and Holloway. Any one of those would split our support irrevocably. Could the board be stupid enough to choose one of them? Your guess is as good as mine...

Some choices would be unacceptable to a sizeable minority of supporters, regardless of results, and three of those are front runners, at least in the eyes of OTIB posters.

I give you Warnock, Di Canio and Holloway. Any one of those would split our support irrevocably. Could the board be stupid enough to choose one of them? Your guess is as good as mine...

Well you favour one of those I favour another as a short term appointment, both have excellent records, in fact one has 7 promotions and as I said record is important, well it was quoted a lot with SOD, the other is an italian nutter.

Exactly. There's the rub. The only names of calibre from the names thrown around would divide the fans. The rest, Tisdale, Cotterill are just frightening.

If the board truly have no idea who they want then they've probably screwed up big time. 

After everything we have been through recently, whatever decision the board makes, might it be possible that we actually come back together as a collective force? Whoever they appoint will give it their best and I for one just want to start enjoying going to the Gate again?

We've been significantly divided under SOD and for me it's time to get back together and become one again.

We have a 27,000 seat revamped stadium to look forward to and with a couple of wins behind us, we can hopefully pull away from the relegation zone and build postively once again?

Whether it's a return to a target man and longer ball, more direct football, I really don't care, I just want a Manager with passion who cares deeply for the same thing as us? Together, we are much stronger and we very much need a passionate Manager whom we all now get behind?

I'm not a happy clappy type but I am fed up with prolonged negativity - lets stop the blame culture and get behind what matters most, OUR CLUB.

COYR!!!

Fine post PFree, well said.

Archived