IGNORED

Lee Johnson

BS34Red

Think Lee needs to go his own way and be his own man. He would just constantly be compared to his old man if he came here.

I would have him here over some of the candidates without doubt but he's doing a very good job at Oldham and I think he knows he would be stupid to leave at this stage.

Not seen any mention on here of him, apologies if there is a thread but surely he must be high on the list of candidates??

His Oldham team impressed against us with a decent style of football.

and so did SOD Donny several years back when they ripped us apart at AG. Look where that got us.

Think Lee needs to go his own way and be his own man. He would just constantly be compared to his old man if he came here.

I would have him here over some of the candidates without doubt but he's doing a very good job at Oldham and I think he knows he would be stupid to leave at this stage.

He'd be insane to come here and his dad would tell him exactly that.

But why would he come here?

As the post below says he has many properties around here, family based here, many friends here, enjoyed living here and with the greatest respect to Oldham we have the potential to be a bigger club.

Gj didn't do too bad here, I think LJ has the potential to be a better manager than his father. LJ has admitted he was always the first to question his father's decisions and also that he has seen all the mistakes his father has made, that gives him an advantage over many other younger managers.

I think he could be a good fit for this club, just concerned that his appointment would split the fan base in half.

I very much get the feeling we're spent out.

Lee has the potential to be a good manager but represents something of a gamble (don't they all?)

I would be surprised (no, actually I wouldn't) if we paid money we could ill afford for a gamble.

It would probably be whatever he's got left on his contract, so wouldn't be an insignificant amount. 

As the post below says he has many properties around here, family based here, many friends here, enjoyed living here and with the greatest respect to Oldham we have the potential to be a bigger club.

Gj didn't do too bad here, I think LJ has the potential to be a better manager than his father. LJ has admitted he was always the first to question his father's decisions and also that he has seen all the mistakes his father has made, that gives him an advantage over many other younger managers.

I think he could be a good fit for this club, just concerned that his appointment would split the fan base in half.

Only one of our most successful managers ever.

As someone who works in Oldham I can tell you that the fans are impressed with him. He has lost a lot of players but replaced them well. Good football and every player is on the same page

I think he would come here though. Oldham are completely broke (I know we are too but this is different, their wage budget must be half of ours) and the constraints will make it near on impossible for him to get promoted

I know he's not been a manager for long but I'd be delighted if we signed him after seeing the alternatives.

As someone who works in Oldham I can tell you that the fans are impressed with him. He has lost a lot of players but replaced them well. Good football and every player is on the same page

I think he would come here though. Oldham are completely broke (I know we are too but this is different, their wage budget must be half of ours) and the constraints will make it near on impossible for him to get promoted

I know he's not been a manager for long but I'd be delighted if we signed him after seeing the alternatives.

by what you have said exactly the sort of manager we need. What position was Oldham in when he took over??

The only problems are his age and cos he's lee Johnson.

From what I remember there was many better applicants for the Oldham job but he turned up at the interview with a very detailed plan and was offered the job there and then.

If he has remained friends with people at Ashton Gate then I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Agree Lee appears to be a very promising manager, only a couple of reasons I could see as to why he wouldn't come to us:

1) Loyalty - Whether he wants to build on what he's doing at Oldham.

2) History -  Probably remembers the reactions he got as a player here from many of our fans, would he want to return as a manager?

by what you have said exactly the sort of manager we need. What position was Oldham in when he took over??

The only problems are his age and cos he's lee Johnson.

From what I remember there was many better applicants for the Oldham job but he turned up at the interview with a very detailed plan and was offered the job there and then.

If he has remained friends with people at Ashton Gate then I wouldn't be at all surprised.

They were near the bottom when he took over, which is why Dickov got sacked, and he saved them. They should have a few more points this season than they have but could do with a top striker. He lost his best centre back and two best strikers in the summer. All went to Championship sides.

I'm not sure what other applicants their were but the dossier bit is true. Latics fans were fuming when he got the job for obvious reasons.

He is on twitter as well which some fans like!

Agree Lee appears to be a very promising manager, only a couple of reasons I could see as to why he wouldn't come to us:

1) Loyalty - Whether he wants to build on what he's doing at Oldham.

2) History - Probably remembers the reactions he got as a player here from many of our fans, would he want to return as a manager?

It's (2) for me. If I'd been somewhere that fans got on my back constantly, booing me during wins or thirty minutes into a game, why the hell would I want to manage there? He even mentioned before the Oldham game that the crowd can be quite negative here. I think of all the options out there, LJ is the least likely to want to manage our club.

Archived