IGNORED

I Have The Same Qualities

harvey54

I'm prepared to put myself forward, I have no coaching experience nor any management experience but I don't feel this should be seen as a bad thing. I see it as a good thing because I will be a complete outsider and the club will be able to shape me.

I'm prepared to give youth a chance, in 5 years time I hope to have a team made up of Bristolians. To make this a true community club we need players who come from that community. I hope to scout these players using the over hauled scouting system I will set up. I will have every player who plays at any level in Bristol scouted. Once this is done I will then hope to move further a field and compete with the likes of Southampton and Cardiff.

I will find the next Walcott or Ramsey. My plan is to scout them, being them to the club and develop them and introduce them I to the first team and then sell them on for a huge profit depending on where and what league we are in.

From the under 8s to the first team we will play the same formation and system. The main focus of my system will be an attacking possession type system. The formation will be a 4-1-2-2-1. This will be 2 attacking full backs, they will be required to pass the ball, get forward cross the ball, overlap whilst also carrying out defending duties, in the centre of defence I will have aShaun Taylor type of position with a defender next to him who can support him but can pass the ball to start off attacks. In the middle there will be a a defensive midfielder who's sole purpose will be to win the ball and break up attacks, he will also be required to help out in defence and midfield as and when requires. A player like Paul Hartley or Tommy Doc will play in this position.

In front of him will be two Cm's, their duty is to support the attack, one will keep things pretty simple and just pass the ball around, a Lee Johnson type of player would play here, next to him would be a player who would also perform the same job as the other player but he will be the main attacking midfielder, he will have more creativity and asked to get forward, make runs, run with the ball, zip the ball around etc and act as a second striker.

Out wide will be two wide players. They will play very high up, they will be inside forwards so would cut inside often, their role would be that of a traditional Winger that we love at Ashton Gate but would get into goal scoring positions.

The striker would be a complete all round striker that can head the ball, pass it, run with it and just anything you could think of. He would be able to hold it up for the inside forwards or attacking midfielder. Them 4 players would be the main focus of our attacks.

Each position will have a role of defend, support, attack. No matter who the opposition is we will play the same formation and system. We are Bristol City and will impose our system on the opponents. There will be absolutely no long balls. Even the keeper will be expected to pass it out of defence as just lumping it upfield gives the opponents a 50 percent chance of winning the ball.

Each and every Bristol City team at all levels will play with this formation and system. The thinking being a player who has progressed from the under 8s to the first team will have over ten years experience of playing the role he will be asked to do in the first team. He will know exactly what is expected of himself.

Each player will be given a Bristol City bible, this will explain to them exactly what is expected of them as a Bristol City player, from their tactical role to what they eat.

The wage budget will be set and there will be no compromise. New players will have to fall in line with this. There will be no exceptions. Players will have a modest wage but will be rewarded generously for good performance. Things like a 95 percent pass completion rate, shots on target etc. Basically performance related bonuses.

I'm not really interested in being a head coach though, the coaching doesn't excite me, I would be an Alex Ferguson type who watches from the sideline and steps in to offer advice and guidance when required.

I will have a trusted coaching team that will carry out the coaching. I require a coach for each of the defence, support and attack roles and of course a GK coach. Again I would require the same all the way down to the under 8s.

For the first team I will continue with the current transfer policy of buying young and developing. I will concentrate on looking at players from the lower leagues and young players from premiership clubs.

Loaning players would only happen in a absolute crisis, players from the under 21's would instead be given a chance.

On a match day all players will be required to meet at the training ground at 9 am where we will have breakfast, following that we will then have a briefing on the game and go over our previously discussed plans, watch videos on the opposition etc. After this we will then have a light training session followed by a light lunch. We will then be bussed down to the stadium all together. All players will be required to sign autographs etc.

After the game there will be an immediate debrief such as in f1, this will happen regardless of result. This will go Into every little detail whilst it is fresh in the mind.

Each player will be sent home with a copy of the match and told to watch it and make notes prior to the next training session. Depending on the result will depend if that's Sunday morning or Monday morning.

My team will be run like an f1 team, every last detail matters, every member or staff has a role to play that will add to the complete puzzle, the fitness coach is just as important as the main striker. Everyone will understand their role within the club.

I demand that I have complete control over every aspect, from training schedules to the final say on transfers. I will have support from a good back room team that will help me make decisions. I will rely on my team to spread the work around, for instance I will have a DoF who will recommend players to me, be my go between to the board etc and give me any support I need.

I will set up partnerships with local clubs such as bath, fgr, weston etc etc. Players will be sent on loan there to gain experience, staff will go there to coach now and then. We will be a real community club that the others can lean on for support and guidance.

With the rugby coming to Ashton Gate I think it will also be beneficial to share coaches etc. Different sports but with common grounds.

I think that's enough to get me the job, I look forward to signing next week, with Harvey as my assistant if he accepts??

I would like to put myself forward, as I have all the qualities this club is looking for. Or, at least, those that it can afford.

I am out of contract, cheap and, whenever the Lansdowns say "Jump!", I will merely ask "How high?"

You'll only have to put up with the jumping for about 10 months, then you can have a year off on full pay!

You must have been very bored to write all that.

And I do accept as I will be in charge in 3 days after you lose your first game

I was watching the football league show at the time...

You may have to wait a while as we will not lose a game for a very long time. We are going to win the league this season. I have faith in the five pillars and we will succeed. Losing is not an option, the L word shall not be spoken around the club as it's a negative word. Any fans that so much as boo will be given lifetime bans for abusing the players.

I was watching the football league show at the time...

You may have to wait a while as we will not lose a game for a very long time. We are going to win the league this season. I have faith in the five pillars and we will succeed. Losing is not an option, the L word shall not be spoken around the club as it's a negative word. Any fans that so much as boo will be given lifetime bans for abusing the players.

For some of them, that'll make a change from abusing themselves.

Archived