IGNORED

Lower League Manager Option

Mr Wendall

Hello, I've been looking at the list of managers on Sky Bet and dreading this appointment and thinking to myself there must be better options than these? Ideally we want someone with experience at this level I get that, but there must be better options than those on the better list in the leagues below - let's talk about them, the managers not getting the attention.

Neil Aspin of FC Halifax, successive promotions over the last few years and doing well in the conference despite the team still being part time in a division where the majority are full time clubs.

Justin Edinbrough of Newport, known for getting the best out of youngsters, did well getting Newport out of the conference and used to operating on a shoestring. Fits into the pillars.

We need a manager to help us survive in league 1 and avoid the drop to league 2. The championship is a long way off. A lower league manager would suit me as we are a lower league club that's getting lower all the time

Craig Laird - Weston Super Mare FC

Took over the club in 2010 after leaving Bridgwater Town. Prior to 2010, Weston were renowned for finishing in the relegation places but staying up by virtue of their facilities.

Since then he's built his own squad on one of the lowest budgets in the Conference South, and in the seasons that's follwed has finished 12th (2010/11),13th (2011/12), 7th (2012/13) and he also guided the club to winning the Somerset Cup, including a victory in the final over a strong Yeovil Town at Huish Park.

I have seen the club play home & away during his tenure & the style of football is great to watch, they play short on the deck & look to use the wingers. Plus alot of opposing sides have said that Weston are one of the best "footballing" sides in the division.

Really nice bloke, who has plenty of time for the fans, I would definitely prefer Craig to some of the names linked to the job!!!!

Archived