IGNORED

Frank Mckeown

GrahamC

No, not another name in the frame but captain of Stranraer.

What about him? Well, he did a full shift as a firefighter yesterday trying to save lives in the helicopter crash on Glasgow, then had 1 hours sleep and played In a Scottish cup tie.

Real bloke, real football.

What about him? Well, he did a full shift as a firefighter yesterday trying to save lives in the helicopter crash on Glasgow, then had 1 hours sleep and played In a Scottish cup tie.

Proper hero. I was shocked when I found out that I had drunk in that pub several times, it's just across the road from the hotel I usually stay in.Some real characters frequent the place and were a pretty friendly bunch. I hope they are all ok.

The (deluded*) Labour MP, Mr Jim Murphy, one of many heroes and heroines, described on the news how people began the rescue attempt before the emergency services arrived, pulling together in a disaster, forming a human chain, doing their bit. The human spirit at its finest. I know people despair on here and bicker because we are all powerless to do anything, anything positive at least, about things at AG, but we are in the midst of a (footballing) mess, and we fail to do the one thing we could do, the one thing that would help, and that is pull together. Too "happy clappy" for some, but bickering, nit-picking, moaning, whining, self-loathing - we're beating ourselves. We don't need enemies right now, not while we pull ourselves apart. Pompey are managing it - yes, with fans on the board, but does anyone believe all decisions there are met with universal approval? Pompey fans know it is more enjoyable to go to the game, sing your hearts out, support the team and say WTF. And come back next time. And they're not exactly all "happy clappy" are they? Moaning achieves very little.

*Deluded ideologically.

Well, firefighting seems to be what this club is all about, so give him an interview.

Archived