IGNORED

'hoofball'

Eco

Can someone define what it is for me please.  Is it basically anything that isn't Barca'esque or is that too simplistic ?

Did you go to the home game v Shrewsbury?

Do you remember the 2nd half?

That's what it looks like.

I don't have a problem with the direct style if you have the right type of players. We are crying out for a big, experienced striker to play alongside Baldock who has the speed and the game to thrive on flicks and knock downs.

I also feel that we could benefit with wingers that can beat people and get to the bye line. We so miss Albert even though he was a bit one dimensional.

If this is what 'hoofball' is, I don't recall us playing it against Leyton Orient.

On the other hand, I saw a number of Premier League clubs apparently playing hoofball on Match of the Day yesterday. Some of them did it rather well.

I have no issue with the principle of hoofball if its done effectively and the team are set up in such a way to play it.

What I can't stand is managers pretending they have a passing philosophy but then revert to a direct approach with players unsuited to this style.

I have no issue with the principle of hoofball if its done effectively and the team are set up in such a way to play it.

What I can't stand is managers pretending they have a passing philosophy but then revert to a direct approach with players unsuited to this style.

Yes, therein lies the problem we face - I'd welcome some more effective direct football (as opposed to the ineffective direct stuff we've resorted to when things aren't going well) but do we have the players? Our best player, JET just won't fit in, which is probably why he's ended up out of other clubs or playing wide.

Regardless of the type of football, I think that the best thing our new manager can do is get a settled team and formation and focus more on how that can impact the opposition rather than setting up differently each week to counter the opposition.

%idge football or POMO as its known amongst coaching bods.

The intent to move the ball from A - B as quickly as possible using the stratosphere as a motorway for footballs.

Neil Warnock loved a bit of it.

That's what I thought, but didn't it die out with John Beck ? 

Archived