IGNORED

Reality Check

Aizoon

I don't think anyone is looking for an extravagant appt...

More ambitious in the selection process...

Yep we tried with Del Boy, and then safe with SOD...

Up and coming younger manager would be welcome.. Or maybe someone who us a number 2.. The Swansea route..?

What seems to be happening is that fans are believing we are looking at the 'whose of of work' list..?

And TBH are any of these better than SOD, and who was employed to help SC at Forest...

The pay-off money for O'Driscoll, any contract buy-out, and the new manager's wages can only come from one place - the playing staff budget.

To those who have extravagant tastes in managers, I would only say "Think on't".

I thank you.

Sorry, don't get this.  Why should the new manager's wages from the playing staff budget?  Presumably the Board have made contingencies for a change of management, but even if O'Driscoll's compensation comes lowers the playing staff budget, the new manager's wages will come from the same place that O'Driscoll's wages come from.  After all, the club do know that they have to pay a manager's wages.

The issue is the compensation.

The pay-off money for O'Driscoll, any contract buy-out, and the new manager's wages can only come from one place - the playing staff budget.

To those who have extravagant tastes in managers, I would only say "Think on't".

I thank you.

Does it come from the playing staff budget?  Unless we appoint a player-manager surely the wages come from the same source as the rest of AG staff - SL's pocket, unaudited by the Football League.

Sorry, don't get this.  Why should the new manager's wages from the playing staff budget?  Presumably the Board have made contingencies for a change of management, but even if O'Driscoll's compensation comes lowers the playing staff budget, the new manager's wages will come from the same place that O'Driscoll's wages come from.  After all, the club do know that they have to pay a manager's wages.

Yes, A manager. I think the point is that we will be paying three!

Sorry, don't get this. Why should the new manager's wages from the playing staff budget? Presumably the Board have made contingencies for a change of management, but even if O'Driscoll's compensation comes lowers the playing staff budget, the new manager's wages will come from the same place that O'Driscoll's wages come from. After all, the club do know that they have to pay a manager's wages.

FPP. The issue is the total of those three items, however you care to split them up, the total comes out of our single budget.

As you say, we do have to pay a manager. For the next year, we will effectively be paying two. If we buy out a contract, as some here have suggested, that comes out of the same pot.

The fact is the money has to come from somewhere and effectively paying two managers (paying up the contract of one whilst paying the wages of another) will limit the amount of money the club has. 

The problem with this though is that it means on one hand we have limited money to get a new manager in but, on the other hand, we hae to get it right as we can't be doing this yet again in Autumn 2014.  

We are not paying Mcinnes that stopped once he got a new job which was at the start of the season, sod was only on a year rolling contract so we will only pay him until the end of year or at worst end of the season

We'll pay him for a year - a rolling contract means that the contract is always due to a end one year from now - so if either party breaks it (e.g. us by sacking him) we owe him a year's wages as payout.

We are not paying Mcinnes that stopped once he got a new job which was at the start of the season, sod was only on a year rolling contract so we will only pay him until the end of year or at worst end of the season

Do you know that was the arrangement with mcInnes? If so I didn't realise that, but I thought that we would have the usual liability to pay the remainder of his contract. That's what usually happens, and not sure why mcInnes would give that up voluntarily.

Erm, Please, No they dont

Managers/ Coaches wages are exempt from SCMP, which relays to player wages and turnover only. It applies in L1 at 60% and L2 at 55%

This is why we are able to pay fees for players such as flint as they are not linked to FFP rules which apply to the Champs or above

Stopping the scaremongering would be great, thanks

That's rich from someone who's been calling for the manager's head for the last 6 months and will be doing the same in 3 months time, in all probability.

Do you know that was the arrangement with mcInnes? If so I didn't realise that, but I thought that we would have the usual liability to pay the remainder of his contract. That's what usually happens, and not sure why mcInnes would give that up voluntarily.

most clubs write it in as a clause that the way the wages until another job is found,I would assume we would too!

Archived