IGNORED

Benny Lennartsson Anybody?

Rich_s

I was thinking the same thing. Didn't he say "I'LL BE BACK" Or something like that?

I am sure he said something like that.

After the initial shock of becoming manager, getting to know the British style and getting to know what the players could and couldn't do, he got them playing so half decent football and they improved 10 fold.

Just a shame he was thrust into a job he wasn't hired for, with a top heavy team full of strikers and bugger all on defenders.

The only manager that ever left us with a legacy of youngsters ready to step up.

I actually liked Benny.

He was a very naive with regard to how he wanted us to play. Simply put our players were not good enough. I think there is a comparison with Benny and SoD.

I thought SoD was totally misguided at the end of last season. His main target had to have been survival. However he didn't want to abandon his principles. His pig headed approach to not look at the league tables and his quest for performance over results got us relegated.

He should have set us up to win. He could of then possibly implement his plans in the championship rather then where we are now.

I really hoped that SoD would be a success here, but after relegation from the championship he was always on borrowed time for me.

Stevo

He is one if the potential good managers City have let slip through their fingers - eg David Moyes , Joe Royle. He was here for one season but just as he got the hang of English football he was sacked. Unfortunately I think it's now too late to bring him back as he's probably more interested in his retirement

Benny will be 71 in a couple of weeks.

Bit late now, but I liked him too, should have persevered with him after relegation and not brought in Pulis...

Amen to that.

Thinking about it, at 71 I wouldn't want to subject the poor bloke to Bristol City again

Within weeks of being here Lennartsson had put his finger precisely on how far City were behind the times. Only 15 years later the board started to address those fundamental problems. Too late for Benny of course but having just sacked a manager who seemed to understand the magnitude of the problem, I fear for what might happen next ...

Talking to Jim Brennan, isn't he a proven coach in the MLS now?

He is the assistant coach for Toronto FC. Was brought in to devolop their youth, but Mo Johnson bought him into the first team setup.

Since Mo Johnson's departure their was the thought Jim would lose, but the team of Paul Mariner and Aron Winter retain him.

I could be wrong on some of that info above, but he is still part of their coaching team I think.

Stevo

Not sure he has his coaching badges

Archived