IGNORED

Where I'm At With The New Manager

semblar

Like all of us here, I have an opinion on the sacking of SoD. Right now it doesn't matter.

Like all of us here, I have opinions on many of the managers being touted as the "next messiah". Some of those opinions are good, some of them are bad and some of them are downright ugly in terms of history with the club, capability of the manager and style of football. Equally right now, it doesn't matter

With the views on likely/possible managers, many of them fill me with apprehension, worry or even disgust, should they be appointed. Few of the options would fill me with optimism. But it doesn't matter

What matters now is not the style of football we play. I hope that whoever is appointed will be the kind of manager who tries to get City to play attractive but effective football. But right now effective is more important than attractive, IMHO.

I don't particularly want any of the apparent front runners. Not Warnock, Not Holloway and not Cotterill.

But right now, my feelings about the manager come second to ny need to do whatever I can to suport the 11 players on the pitch, to try to help them gain enough points to avoid the second consecutive drop. SO I will hold my tongue, bite my lip and try to give whoever is appointed the benefit of the doubt. However hard that will prove to be. Because whoever is apponted would be a lesser evil than ending up back in the division where we were when I started supporting the club. I will still be there when they are long gone.

I find it utterly hilarious that the same "fans" who were chastising myself and other posters here -and telling us that by expressing severe doubts over SOD we weren't "supporting the club" are now saying that they will never go again if so-and-so is appointed, or will never go to a match while the club is owned by Steve Lansdown etc.

I guess they weren't such great "supporters" after all.....

I find it utterly hilarious that the same "fans" who were chastising myself and other posters here -and telling us that by expressing severe doubts over SOD we weren't "supporting the club" are now saying that they will never go again if so-and-so is appointed, or will never go to a match while the club is owned by Steve Lansdown etc.

I wish it had worked out better for SOD, because I honestly believe that under him, the club as a whole would benefit in the long term. I can't defend his results record though and can obviously see why a change has been made. I'm dissapointed that it didn't work out, but I can't argue with the boards decision.

There is not a single manager (available) that I would look at and believe that it would offer us an odds on chance of success - so we will have to see who gets the job and hope that it is a shrewd appointment.

I will support any new manager of Bristol City BUT I would find it very hard to display the level of hypocrisy needed to welcome Ian Holloway with open arms.

It would take one VERY passionate press conference at his unveiling to make me warm to him (not that I think there is any chance that we want him or he would come here)

Right now, I have no preference over who to appoint next and I think it is wrong to be negative about anyone. They must be given a clean slate and be judged on what they do HERE. NOW.

Excellent post semblar. Surely keeping ourselves in this division is the only thing that should matter to supporters right now. More infighting between the support will only help our slip into the basement. Get down the Gate and make it an intimidating place for away teams again!

Anyone that boycotts going to games just because of who the manager is needs to have a long hard look at themselves. It achieves nothing. Nobody says you need to support the manager or the board but at least get behind the team for 90 minutes!!!

Many on here don't bother going whether they approve of the manager or not!

I have threatened to boycott if Holloway were to be appointed. I do not say that lightly after only missing a handfull of home games over the last 25 years. he would need to assure me that he had a genuine desire to succeed with Bristol CITY, before I could be comfortable with him having direct control our our clubs destiny.

That would not be down to results or success, it would be about what he says and how he conducts himself because I think the bloke is generally an embarrassment, everytime a camera is pointing in his direction.

Excellent post semblar. Surely keeping ourselves in this division is the only thing that should matter to supporters right now. More infighting between the support will only help our slip into the basement. Get down the Gate and make it an intimidating place for away teams again!

Sadly i feel it will become an intimidating place for the new manager....whoever it is

Anyone that boycotts going to games just because of who the manager is needs to have a long hard look at themselves.

Easy for you to say that, but living in China presumably you won't be attending games yourself anyway.

Shame really, there would be lots of spare ST's on offer.

Like all of us here, I have an opinion on the sacking of SoD. Right now it doesn't matter.

Like all of us here, I have opinions on many of the managers being touted as the "next messiah". Some of those opinions are good, some of them are bad and some of them are downright ugly in terms of history with the club, capability of the manager and style of football. Equally right now, it doesn't matter

With the views on likely/possible managers, many of them fill me with apprehension, worry or even disgust, should they be appointed. Few of the options would fill me with optimism. But it doesn't matter

What matters now is not the style of football we play. I hope that whoever is appointed will be the kind of manager who tries to get City to play attractive but effective football. But right now effective is more important than attractive, IMHO.

I don't particularly want any of the apparent front runners. Not Warnock, Not Holloway and not Cotterill.

But right now, my feelings about the manager come second to ny need to do whatever I can to suport the 11 players on the pitch, to try to help them gain enough points to avoid the second consecutive drop. SO I will hold my tongue, bite my lip and try to give whoever is appointed the benefit of the doubt. However hard that will prove to be. Because whoever is apponted would be a lesser evil than ending up back in the division where we were when I started supporting the club. I will still be there when they are long gone.

+1

• Admin

There is only one man that would stop me going to matches.

I support Bristol City, not Bristol Rovers.

Putting their main hero of recent times and one of the biggest dyed in the wool Gasheads in charge of our team is, for me, the same thing.

I cannot put myself in amongst home fans that would be singing his name.

I would return when he'd gone.

Not that it matters, not even our board would pull such a move, they'll have crunched the numbers.

Putting their main hero of recent times and one of the biggest dyed in the wool Gasheads in charge of our team is, for me, the same thing.

Not that it matters, not even our board would pull such a move, they'll have crunched the numbers.

I do understand that point of view.

BUT I once had a gashead gf. For me, stuff does transcend tribal loyalties like 'does she have big tits" or "is he a good manager".

I do understand that point of view.

BUT I once had a gashead gf. For me, stuff does transcend tribal loyalties like 'does she have big tits" or "is he a good manager".

I'll see your Gashead girlfriend and raise you a Millwall girlfriend :o

Mind you, one of her sons followed the True Faith :) and the other was a Gashead :(

I wish I had your faith in our board. I like Holloway, but he'd be a total disaster at the Gate. Expect the board to choose him :(

Archived