IGNORED

Christ - This Was Only 5 And A Half Yrs Ago !

Tomo

IN my view we cocked the season up well and truly (We should have been on for automatic) ....... but when it didn't happen due to going off the boil at the wrong time...... we relied on being in the pray-offs to go up and then ballsed it up again and the rest is history.

The disappointing thing is that this is probably the one main reason why we are now where we are.

So close to the Big Boys shirt tails that Mr Lansdown assumed a bit of cash here and there would push us over the line. Big mistake.

I wonder where we'd be now, if we'd just managed to avoid relegation some five and a bit years ago?

I was speaking to a younger City friend who was 7 at the time of this loss the other day, and he was adamant that for him, it was a good thing that City lost that day, because he feels like only watching City in the premier league rather than struggling at the wrong end of league wouldn't make him appreciate the good times supporting City, which we all hope will return soon, quite as much as he does if we were an established mid table premier league team which may have very well happened, seems unlikely but see Stoke, Fulham etc. Not a bad attitude for a 13 year old lad to have about his local football club!

I will admit to shedding a tear on what could have been the perfect day after the final whistle blew, and I will admit to shedding a tear if in the coming years the final whistle blows, but this time it's us that's heading to the premier league! 

when I watch this I get so angry, not because we lost , but because of the almost criminal way our club has been mismanaged since . someone should hang their head in shame . to go from that to this, in such a time scale while having serious money backing us defies logic. the stuff of nightmares. only at city !

It was mismanaged in January that season, You only have to look at our form after January to see we needed to strengthen in depth, But that's hindsight for you I suppose

Archived