IGNORED

Why?

SimplyRed

I don't profess to know much about the preferences of any manager, but after reading about some of his expolits and management style, I am given to believe that Steve Cotterill is a 'route one' philosopher.

If this is true, one wonders why the board thought that Cotterill was the man for the job.  If, indeed, his philosophy is 'route one', or 'moving the ball quickly forwards', I can't understand why the board would choose a manager of his style when they are fully aware of the sort of football City fans like to see and the enormous outrage at Pulis' appointment.

Why antagonise the fans when your relationship with them is already tenuous?

I guess the 'proof of the pudding' and all that, and it remains to be seen how it turns out, but those who are critcising the fans for negative comments already aimed at Cotterill, should perhaps understand that these are the same fans who suffered the likes of Pulis, and can see the writing on the wall.

It may be that Cotterill (and some fans) may be of the opinion that the only way to survive is to adopt 'route one' tactics, and if it gets us out of the mire, I would hope that he would receive due credit.  But at the same time, I would hope that this would be a temporary tactic for survival, not a philosophy that would be profligated down to Academy level.

Personally, as with the last four managers, I fear the worst, and I am glad I no longer own a season ticket and feel obliged to watch.

Jobs for the boys.

The Bristol City way, always has been, always will be.

Nail on the head.

I honestly thought this summer we were FINALLY moving away from the culture of jobs for the boys, and doing everything on the cheap/always looking at the short term with no thought to the future.

Seems it was all a cruel joke. It's like a massive **** YOU to the fans, who are already staying away in their droves. It's almost like the board actually want us to stay away, and for the club to fail.

This season is my first ST in about 5 years, due to my professional studies having come to an end, finally. I bought whole-wheartedly into the vision that was laid down over the summer, and thought, I want to be a part of this, even though I could hardly afford to scrape together the cash for a season ticket.

I feel like I've been lied to and defrauded.

Archived