IGNORED

Ffs, Give The Bloke A Chance!

Ciderhead3892

The abuse that Cotterill is getting on here is ridiculous! As I said in the title, give the bloke a chance! What hope have we got of staying up and trying to move forward if we've got fans slating him before he's even taken charge of a game?! Looking forward to going to Tamworth on Sunday and fingers crossed we don't get embarrassed in front of the nation! COYR!!

Well there's a surprise a manager who divides opinion. Clearly there are some who believe SC did a good job at their club -ask the Cheltenham fans they never had it so good! Punching massively above their weight for a while. Ask the Burnley fans a smaller club in a tough division and many clearly rated him. Ask the forest fans and he's the worst they have ever had.

Everyone was saying how good SOD was but his record with us was simply awful.

I actually thought SC came over quite well in interview -it's clear he's not the "thinker " that SOD was but at least he's not so boringly negative.

Can't see him saying how good the opposition is every week like SOD. We need someone who can get our players to believe in themselves and I think he will. His overall record is not too shabby at around 40% win ratio. Get that here and we will start to climb the table.

Let's just give the guy a chance -let's judge him on what he achieves here not his past. It certainly can't be any worse than the last 2 years or so!

Cautiously optimistic!

The abuse that Cotterill is getting on here is ridiculous! As I said in the title, give the bloke a chance! What hope have we got of staying up and trying to move forward if we've got fans slating him before he's even taken charge of a game?! Looking forward to going to Tamworth on Sunday and fingers crossed we don't get embarrassed in front of the nation! COYR!!

No chances.

If he starts on that long ball guff he gets it.

I don't want to be embarrasssed in front of little un "but Dad you tell me to control it, what is is they are doing to that poor football!"

No chances.

If he starts on that long ball guff he gets it.

I don't want to be embarrasssed in front of little un "but Dad you tell me to control it, what is is they are doing to that poor football!"

we've been playing the long ball guff for 6 years

I was willing, if not happy, to give SC a chance, but THREE AND A HALF FRIGGING YEARS!!

Has the board lost its senses? Assuming it had some to begin with, that is.

Anyone who knows the history of BCFC knows the danger of over-long contracts, but that clearly doesn't include our board.

If they'd given him a one-year rolling contract, which is all that O'Driscoll got, I'd have bitten the bullet and said, "OK, let's see if he can do a job?". Indeed, that's what I did say when it became clear that he was going to get the post.

Incidentally, SC says that he was offered the job on Thursday, which would suggest that the board was lying about a careful selection process, but I guess we knew that anyway.

I was willing, if not happy, to give SC a chance, but THREE AND A HALF FRIGGING YEARS!!

Has the board lost its senses? Assuming it had some to begin with, that is.

Anyone who knows the history of BCFC knows the danger of over-long contracts, but that clearly doesn't include our board.

If they'd given him a one-year rolling contract, which is all that O'Driscoll got, I'd have bitten the bullet and said, "OK, let's see if he can do a job?". Indeed, that's what I did say when it became clear that he was going to get the post.

Incidentally, SC says that he was offered the job on Thursday, which would suggest that the board was lying about a careful selection process, but I guess we knew that anyway.

Steve didn't give himself a 3.5 year contract.

How can that warrant not backing the manager?

Give him a chance ? Yeh I agree, he's not the man I would have chosen but we are where we are!

At the end of the day, we are bottom of the 3rd division, the likes of Warnock, Pearce, Holloway were never going to take the job anyway...(it was fun debating it though and I still hate Holloway from the 80's and 90's but would have welcomed him),

A club in our current position is not going to attract "big star names" and over Tisdale or Appleton, I would have picked Cotterill.

It was a "no thanks" for me 24 hrs ago, but now he is here, lets get behind him,

Loved his interview on player, he ended by saying "I hope they like me" - come on lets get behind him now...

Steve didn't give himself a 3.5 year contract.

How can that warrant not backing the manager?

The bigger question is whether it warrants backing the club.

Someone put two of my posts together and suggested that I see Steve as an "honest pillock". I'm happy to stand by that, and I have no personal animosity towards the guy. I wish him well, although I think he's taken on an impossible task. I don't know, maybe only a pillock would have taken it on...

However, I believe the club is doomed with the current board in charge, and I hate to see the club that I love and have supported for over fifty years go down the pan, which it will with this mob at the helm.

watched his interview thought he came across ok. was looking forward to sunday then came on here.

Reading this forum has drained me of any hope for the human race,let alone the city!

theres no doubt a lot of people on here genuinely hope the man fails right from the off.

well come on cotterill lad stick it up em!!

You wait.. he'll get Peter Crouch on loan in the january transfer window commence HOOF BALL and we will finish mid table... hail the new Caesar.

p.s. JET will be gone in other words because he will be isolated in the middle of the park twiddling his thumbs and Cotts will say he's a lazy sod.

watched his interview thought he came across ok. was looking forward to sunday then came on here.

Reading this forum has drained me of any hope for the human race,let alone the city!

theres no doubt a lot of people on here genuinely hope the man fails right from the off.

well come on cotterill lad stick it up em!!

Absolutely.. i hope the slating gives him even more impetus to prove us all wrong... that would be truly marvellous.

It's the board that are to blame, not Cotterill.

I'm far from happy with the appointment, but what's done is done. He will of course have the support of the fans' for the time being, it's a clean slate after all. It's in his hands to make City fans regard him more highly than Portsmouth, Forest, Burnley etc.

SC looks a fairly proven lower league manager, for a lower league team, which I'm afraid is what we are these days, let him show us what he/we can do, I like his hostility, having a go at players for walking past during an interview, walking out of radio interviews etc, he also played for Wimbledon during some of the nutters also did, so I reckon he might give us all a kick up the backside, we have to give him a chance, this is our club and we love our club, let's have it

+1

I liken it to going to the in-laws for xmas, and when the Quality Street get handed round, you are given one don't like and didn't want. (That would be the green triangle one with the minty taste). Anyway, you take it and try it anyway just because its Christmas.

Give him a chance ? Yeh I agree, he's not the man I would have chosen but we are where we are!

At the end of the day, we are bottom of the 3rd division, the likes of Warnock, Pearce, Holloway were never going to take the job anyway...(it was fun debating it though and I still hate Holloway from the 80's and 90's but would have welcomed him),

A club in our current position is not going to attract "big star names" and over Tisdale or Appleton, I would have picked Cotterill.

It was a "no thanks" for me 24 hrs ago, but now he is here, lets get behind him,

Loved his interview on player, he ended by saying "I hope they like me" - come on lets get behind him now...

my sentiments exactly

It's the board that are to blame, not Cotterill.

I'm far from happy with the appointment, but what's done is done. He will of course have the support of the fans' for the time being, it's a clean slate after all. It's in his hands to make City fans regard him more highly than Portsmouth, Forest, Burnley etc.

Spot on.

I highly doubt that there are more than a handful of City 'fans' who actively want him to fail.

I'm not at all convinced that he's the right man or that he'll be any improvement on what's gone before him, but I'd like nothing more than for him to prove me wrong, and will be more than happy to come on here and admit I was wrong if he does so.

Based on recent results under the last manager I welcome a massive breath of fresh air under the new one.  I stopped going this season as I could not face watching that dire brand of football on a Saturday afternoon.    I will return to the next home game with an open mind.  Any  judgments on the new manager that I hold are based on him at other clubs.  My personal opinion is that given the clubs current situation, we could not have done any better.  Many of the names that have been banded about in the last week were nothing more than pure over the top speculation.

I can see every reason why the powers wanted this guy.  I remember him doing a fine job even at Burnley for  a while. 

Here's hoping that he will be the man to turn around a dreadful season so far.  Bristol City have now put one bum back on a seat  

Yes its my first post, and no I am not a gas head etc., I like to read more than I write :-)

Archived