IGNORED

Cotterill's Start At Bcfc

Kingswoodactor

Ok, so Cotterill is the new man. Are we all in agreement that 10-11 games is a good marker to see if he's the right man for the job? I reckon so. 

Let's look at his opening 10-11 games.

Tamworth (A) Must win game. They'll be up for it, but our lads will be desperate to impress so a comfortable 2/3 nil to City.

Rotherham (H) First home game for SC. Tough one too as they're going well. I reckon we can do them though...

The next 3 games are a brilliant chance of putting some points on the board before a horrible looking January. I think 7 is the minimum target here. 

Notts County (A)

Wallsall (H)

Stevenage (H) 

January.... That there is 6 tough tough games, and I can't see us taking more than 7-9 points from that lot. 

Leyton Orient (A)

Coventry (H)

Bradford (A)

MK Dons (H)

Wolves  (A) 

Brentford (A)

So for me, a good start for SC would see us on around 30-33 points at the beginning of February, and that should put us between the bottom & mid table. That then gives us 51 points left to play for. Aiming to take around 30-35 points from that should see us finish around the 14th -18th position.

We could obviously put together an amazing run and finish comfortably in the top half, & likewise it could all go tits up and we'll be in League 2 next season. Who knows! 

But for me, where we are sitting on February 1st 2014 will be a great indicator as to where we will be next season.

Cotterill's Cider Army :fingerscrossed:  

So we haven't been playing the long ball to Baldock then?

All this talk of hoof ball... well we hardly been watching freeflowing football recently.

In fact I go on record to say that the Sheff Utd game was one of the worst witnessed at the Gate for sometime.

To OP I think you've summed up pretty well and to honest midtable would do nicely based on where we are now.

All this talk of hoof ball... well we hardly been watching freeflowing football recently.

In fact I go on record to say that the Sheff Utd game was one of the worst witnessed at the Gate for sometime.

To OP I think you've summed up pretty well and to honest midtable would do nicely based on where we are now.

Are you kidding? I'd bite your hand off for 20th.

Yes, it was the Sheff Utd game that did it for me. Awful. 

Rotherham may be without a manager by the time we play them, as Evans is being allowed to talk to Sheff Weds.

January looks pretty horrible, so the games up to the end of December are absolutely vital.

Blimey.. I bet Wed fans wished they had grabbed Cotts if they end up with Evans... poor bar stewards.

No. Just feel that's what we need GR with those fixtures in Jan.

I didn't either!

10 would be great, but a couple of wins at least should give the players some confidence to take into January. I'd take 8 right now.

I didn't either!

10 would be great, but a couple of wins at least should give the players some confidence to take into January. I'd take 8 right now.

I don't fear anybody in this league. That's based on what I've seen this year so far! Orient were average to say the least, we should of beaten Bradford comfortably and Cov could of gone either way...

It's just if we turn up and cut out the individual errors.

I didn't either!

Agree with Lew-T. Losing points to individual errors has us where we are.. Cannot help but feel Fielding's mistake opened some sort of vortex that has been pumping bad luck into our club ever since... Really should stop watching Sci-fi

Agree with Lew-T. Losing points to individual errors has us where we are.. Cannot help but feel Fielding's mistake opened some sort of vortex that has been pumping bad luck into our club ever since... Really should stop watching Sci-fi

Damn sight more credible than the events at AG.

I don't fear anybody in this league. That's based on what I've seen this year so far! Orient were average to say the least, we should of beaten Bradford comfortably and Cov could of gone either way...

It's just if we turn up and cut out the individual errors.

I think you're absolutlely right Lew, however, I think SOD did fear teams and placed too much emphasis on what they could do to us rather than what we could do to them.

Archived