IGNORED

Cotterball

Sixtyseconds

I hope Bristol City don't become stigmatised as that long ball team. BCFC have a academy costing hundreds of thousands of pounds a year to run. BCFC needs to gain a reputation as a club that will develop young players via its academy not ruin them, or starve them of opportunity by favouring big lungs and bulk.

All this long ball stuff is getting on my nerves!

If thats what he choses to play will it be any different to what we have got used to seeing?

SOD was admired for his style of football but we didn't see much of it.

If he keeps us up by winning every match 1 0 scoring in the first 10 mins and then playing 11 men behind the ball so be it. Rather that than the thought of division 4 football next season!

All this long ball stuff is getting on my nerves!

SOD was admired for his style of football but we didn't see much of it.

If he keeps us up by winning every match 1 0 scoring in the first 10 mins and then playing 11 men behind the ball so be it. Rather that than the thought of division 4 football next season!

If thats what he choses to play will it be any different to what we have got used to seeing?

Yes.

If he attempts to play like he did at CheltNUMB. Bang straight into the mixer.

I want to see a Bristol City that is admired. City once were a team of attacking skill e.g Cooper and Jordan. I want to see a Bristol City that attempts to play football with technique and that is not scared of skilled players e.g Emmanuelle Thomas.

We should want a team that we can tell our kids to learn from and that is fit for the talent of the South West.

It is up to Mr Cotterill to prove his worth and destroy that Cotterball tag.

Yes.

If he attempts to play like he did at CheltNUMB. Bang straight into the mixer.

I want to see a Bristol City that is admired. City once were a team of attacking skill e.g Cooper and Jordan. I want to see a Bristol City that attempts to play football with technique and that is not scared of skilled players e.g Emmanuelle Thomas.

We should want a team that we can tell our kids to learn from and that is fit for the talent of the South West.

It is up to Mr Cotterill to prove his worth and destroy that Cotterball tag.

Even TC and Big Joe used big strikers though, Steve Johnson, Robbie Turner.

It's how you get the ball to them, if you do it using wingers it can be a treat to watch, lumping from CH to CF, is dull though.

Sounds like he want's to play fast passing football though, so here's hoping.

Even TC and Big Joe used big strikers though, Steve Johnson, Robbie Turner.

It's how you get the ball to them, if you do it using wingers it can be a treat to watch, lumping from CH to CF, is dull though.

Sounds like he want's to play fast passing football though, so here's hoping.

There is a world of difference between Cooper - Jordan v Beck and Francis.

Sounds like isn't good enough. Mr Cotterill has been given a three and half year contract. This Manager comes with a reputation, it is not one based on exciting, skilled football.

Today the club should have been highlighting and selling to fans how all the aspects of BCFC e.g player pathway are expected to function. Above all why have they employed him given his reputation?

There is a world of difference between Cooper - Jordan v Beck and Francis.

Sounds like isn't good enough. Mr Cotterill has been given a three and half year contract. This Manager comes with a reputation, it is not one based on exciting, skilled football.

Today the club should have been highlighting and selling to fans how all the aspects of BCFC e.g player pathway are expected to function. Above all why have they employed him given his reputation?

We're not talking about Beck and Francis though, we're talking about Cotterill.

I'll make my judgements on what I see his Bristol City team play like, not on the thoughts of fans from clubs he's left.

Who knows, I may be dissapointed, I may be pleasantly surprised. Whatever happens, it can't be much worse than some of the guff we've watched this season.

We're not talking about Beck and Francis though, we're talking about Cotterill.

I'll make my judgements on what I see his Bristol City team play like, not on the thoughts of fans from clubs he's left.

Who knows, I may be dissapointed, I may be pleasantly surprised. Whatever happens, it can't be much worse than some of the guff we've watched this season.

My Mrs works by that funny GCHQ round thing. So I did get to watch Cheltenham .. Once. It was a test of can you defend the long ball. It was not as extreme as some of the direct football experienced in the eighties and nineties, but once was enough, nothing else to see.

Is that progressive considering BCFC has a grade two academy? The answer has to be no. You do not need one to produce players for that type of rudimentary football.

So I will question why his here. He comes with a reputation. Mr Coterill clearly also was the outstanding candidate and has been given a long contract as a Manager going against recent statements made by BCFC. So why? It's is not an unreasonable question.

My Mrs works by that funny GCHQ round thing. So I did get to watch Cheltenham .. Once. It was a test of can you defend the long ball. It was not as extreme as some of the direct football experienced in the eighties and nineties, but once was enough, nothing else to see.

Is that progressive considering BCFC has a grade two academy? The answer has to be no. You do not need one to produce players for that type of rudimentary football.

So I will question why his here. He comes with a reputation. Mr Coterill clearly also was the outstanding candidate and has been given a long contract as a Manager going against recent statements made by BCFC. So why? It's is not an unreasonable question.

Fair enough mate, sounds like your mind is made up though. As I say, I'll reserve my judgements until I see what type of football his Bristol City team produces.

One thing though, Cheltenahm was a long time ago and he brought SOD on to his coaching team at Forest, so maybe he's looking to develop his style.

Who knows? We'll all find out soon enough.

Archived