IGNORED

Managerial Control

Fiale

We were lead to believe that head coach / manager were just interchangeable terms and the role has not changed.. But ITV just categorically said our appointment is manager not head coach and he has been given responsibility for recruitment and ALL coaching.. so this is not someone just in charge of the first team anymore

We were lead to believe that head coach / manager were just interchangeable terms and the role has not changed.. But ITV just categorically said our appointment is manager not head coach and he has been given responsibility for recruitment and ALL coaching.. so this is not someone just in charge of the first team anymore

I presume that's a statement from our board. It could be useful if it's on nice soft absorbent paper.

Wonder where this leaves Keith Burt?

So SC will call the shots from now on, the 5 pillars will gradually fade away imo.

The main pillar of any football club is the fanbase and Jon Lansdown's 5 pillars business strategy plan does not recognize this. None of the 5 pillars contain the BCFC supporters and fanbase. Excerpt as per Jon Landsdown's e-mail communication of November 28th.........

"Over this last year, we as a club have made our strategy very clear. The five pillars built around Academy & Youth, Community, Recruitment, Facilities and Financial Prudence are the right ones and are strong. This strategy will not, and must not, change."

......Jon Lansdown has stated that this 5 pillar strategy will not change so - in other words - the BCFC supporters count for nothing in his plan. We've already seen this strategy in action where some of our most passionate supporters have been given life bans for trumped up charges from the Welsh Heddlu Police.

We have to remember that our board contacted and went to him.

I would imagine HE told us what he wanted and we ( the board) have gone along with it.

So SC will call the shots from now on, the 5 pillars will gradually fade away imo.

He has called all the shots,from his job title to a ridiculously long contract.The board of distructers have been played like an old banjo and we are expected to be happy and get behind the new man.

Jeez i was just getting used to ol  wassisname. :disapointed2se:

And our coaches.. They thought they were part of a long term setup irrespective of the first team coach.... Now they are at the whim of the manager again...

Were they not at the whim of the head coach before, mr F? Surely they didn't operate independently as it were?

No change, its as it was under SOD according to JL who answered a direct question on the subject in this interview.

If that's the case, why make such an issue of SOD being head coach, and all that implied, and now so conspicuously change the title to manager. SC has himself said that he wants to be a manager not a coach. Frankly, JL can say what he wants on you tube - I'm not sure I believe much the guy says now.

Archived