IGNORED

Mulled Cider

Can I just remind fellow reds NOT to buy your seasonal refreshments too early, too soon before the furtive season, as the temptation to crack one open is hard to resist. When you have time on your hands and not enough to do. And I appollogise if my pots and replyes this afternon have been a bit much for one or too.

Lovely stuff, mind, this mulled scrump...warms the cockles, it does.

Love you all. Up the City. U Reds!

Les

*Few spelling mistakes there. Corrected now

Can I just remind fellow reds NOT to buy your seasonal refreshments too early, too soon before the furtive season, as the temptation to crack one open is hard to resist. When you have time on your hands and not enough to do. And I appollogise if my pots and replyes this afternon have been a bit much for one or too.

Lovely stuff, mind, this mulled scrump...warms the cockles, it does.

Love you all. Up the City. U Reds!

Les

*Few spelling mistakes there. Corrected now

Crack one what?!

Filthy old git. This is not the place to reveal what you get up to on these dark afternoons

There's no point in me buying any refreshments at the moment Les, regardless of the time of year. If only i could break open a tin or bottle of something nice. I've gotta look after the liver for the time being. When you have one tonight Les, think of me sat here watching T.V. with a pint glass of Aldi spring water with a dash of orange squash. There you go, you reap what you sow,it seemed like a good idea at the time ?

There's no point in me buying any refreshments at the moment Les, regardless of the time of year. If only i could break open a tin or bottle of something nice. I've gotta look after the liver for the time being. When you have one tonight Les, think of me sat here watching T.V. with a pint glass of Aldi spring water with a dash of orange squash. There you go, you reap what you sow,it seemed like a good idea at the time ?

You take care of yourself, sir. Here's to Marksy!

Ah! loves it, then on for a bit of Wassail

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wassail

wassailing.jpg

Do you think the club would plant an apple tree at our new redeveloped ashton gate, so we can do some celebrations for the new season with cider. Hopefully this would bring us better fortune.

Who's going to be the queen at the top of the tree then?

Do you think the club would plant an apple tree at our new redeveloped ashton gate, so we can do some celebrations for the new season with cider. Hopefully this would bring us better fortune.

Who's going to be the queen at the top of the tree then?

Alas, I doubt apple trees would get planted at AG, as when the ripe apples fall to the ground those men in fluorescent jackets

would perceive it to be a health and safety issue, tiz then an angry apple and can be picked up as a missile and not food :P

Alas, I doubt apple trees would get planted at AG, as when the ripe apples fall to the ground those men in fluorescent jackets

would perceive it to be a health and safety issue, tiz then an angry apple and can be picked up as a missile and not food :P

Yes I can just imagine a swarm of stewards guarding the apple tree and the precious fruit.

It would be a pity really, but it is something unique in the football world to have. We could celebrate the new season with a few jars of cider and sing songs like this beneath. We need to change the wording slightly, like city tree instead of apple tree, and cup fulls instead of cap fulls. I can also imagine dolly being the first apple queen, placing the toast that has been dipped in cider on the branches, as a gift to the spirits and also a gift to the robins. Yes this probably wouldn't happen.

Now I have given this idea away I expect another team will do this first.

"Apple tree, apple tree, we all come to wassail thee, Bear this year and next year to bloom and to blow, Hat fulls, cap fulls, three cornered sack fills, Hip, Hip, Hip, hurrah, Holler biys, holler hurrah."

Now I am thinking about it, it could also be a good spot for the city fans that are no longer with us, we could raise a few glasses to them in their memory.

Anyway, I think I need another drink.

Ah! loves it, then on for a bit of Wassail

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wassail

wassailing.jpg

Didn't the Wassail Queen have to be a virgin? It doesn't say it in the wiki article but I remember as a kid going Wassailing in Axbridge and it was discovered that a virgin wasn't  at  hand. At news of  this a slightly worse for wear buxom peroxide blond mother of three came forward and instead placing toast in the branches, actually, for reasons I never quite understood, pulled down her snow-washed denim skirt and knickers and urinated against the base of the trunk much to amusement of an appreciative audience.

It was probably a variation of Wassailing unique to Axbridge. 

Didn't the Wassail Queen have to be a virgin? It doesn't say it in the wiki article but I remember as a kid going Wassailing in Axbridge and it was discovered that a virgin wasn't at hand. At news of this a slightly worse for wear buxom peroxide blond mother of three came forward and instead placing toast in the branches, actually, for reasons I never quite understood, pulled down her snow-washed denim skirt and knickers and urinated against the base of the trunk much to amusement of an appreciative audience.

It was probably a variation of Wassailing unique to Axbridge.

And you tell kids today, and they don't believe you :o

Mind you, it might be fun to tell the NIMBYs that was a traditional ritual on their village green. They might just be Green enough to fall for it...

Archived