IGNORED

Guy Whitingham

JET will tear you apart

City's where it's at.

He's got caught up in Cotterillmania like the rest of us.

I'm afraid Cotterillmania has not reached my part of Somerset yet but neither has gas or mains drainage! I hear these things called telephones are quite useful. Looking forward to that.

And Pemberton tweeted this earlier:

@johnpembosnr

Chill out day today#coffeeandshopping

Scandal! Or maybe just a day off...

Just a guess but maybe they were all in yesterday meeting and greeting and have their day off a day later as we don't play until Sunday.

A bit boring that isn't it, shall we make up some scandal?

New Bristol City manager Steve Cotterill is to offer sacked Portsmouth boss Guy Whittingham a coaching role at Ashton Gate.

Sky sports

Could be true but why we he come hear rather than get another managerial job

If you were offered a managerial type job at BCFC, you wouldn't bother packing your furniture would you?

A small holdall with a couple of pairs of pants and socks would just about do it.

Use to work with him at Portsmouth. He is a club man,highly thought as a player at Portsmouth. Also had to work as a manager there during very difficult times in the clubs history. I can understand this move if it happens, and yes new manager new people in. Which means some will be on the way out.

I work with an ex Army colleague of his, they still remain close. Guy appears more the Good Cop type not really Manager Material, appears to be more attuned to a coaching role. As said above he was thrown in at the deep end at Portsmouth under difficult circumstances. raised a few eyebrows with his Squaddie Mates as not considered to be a good fit. However I've heard only good things about him considering his playing career and also his coaching skills. 

If this is true then I can see Pemburton moving on. We wil have to wait and see.

If you were offered a managerial type job at BCFC, you wouldn't bother packing your furniture would you?

A small holdall with a couple of pairs of pants and socks would just about do it.

I think he's staying at the Avon Gorge Hotel...

Use to work with him at Portsmouth. He is a club man,highly thought as a player at Portsmouth. Also had to work as a manager there during very difficult times in the clubs history. I can understand this move if it happens, and yes new manager new people in. Which means some will be on the way out.

I thought JL said that all the backroom staff would stay the same and we would just be changing manager or coach, whatever it is today. Or was that more bollocks?

Surely you'd also pack some shower gell, deoderant, a toothbrush and your trusty "Big Book of Football Manager Excuses - vol 1".

I remember him as a player at Portsmouth.  Excellent goalscorer in a very good team in the early 90s under Jim Smith.  Played up top with Paul Walsh in a passable impression of the Lineker and Beardsley partnership with England at the time.

Archived